Hyperlink colors change when saving PPT to PDF

We have the latest version of Slides (purchased 7/17/2013). When saving a PPT to PDF (using either the .Save method or the deprecated .SaveToPDF method), the hyperlink colors that are set to BLUE (#0000FF) in the original PowerPoint presentation become a turqoise (#009999) in the resulting PDF. This did not happen with the older version of Slides we had a couple of years ago. How can I make the hyperlinks in the resulting PDF the correct color?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for opting Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the problem statement shared. Please share the sample presentation along with generated PDF and sample code. I will invesitgate the issue further on my end to help you out. Please also highlight the point in slide where by the issue is incurring.

Many Thanks,

Sample file attached. The hyperlink is on the first slide near the bottom of the page. Note the difference in color between the original PPT (regular browser link blue) and the resulting color in the PDF.

Sample code is really simple, just open the PPT, then: (vb.net)

pres.Save(“filename.pdf”, Export.SaveFormat.Pdf)

I also tried the deprecated version:

pres.SaveToPdf(“filename.pdf”)

and saw identical results.

Hi Michael,

I have worked with the presentation file shared and have been able to observed the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34544 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Any idea on an ETA so I can tell my client?

In the meantime, in an effort to get this project completed, I decided to try an alternate solution. I created an image of the text link, removed the text link from the PPT and inserted the image in its place. I then added a hyperlink to the image thinking that would do it. When I saved/exported to PDF I got the image with the correct color, but no hyperlink. So that may be another bug to report.

Hi Michael,

I like to share that as far as ETA is concerned, the issue has just been created and added as enhancement in our issue tracking. The issue is in waiting queue and once it will be selected for investigation by our development team on its due turn, I will be able to share the ETA with you at that time. I request you to please wait till the requested time.

As far as workaround approach that you have adopted is concerned, I request you to please provide sample application along with source and generated presentations. I will try to investigate and resolve the issue for your convenience based on availability of requested information.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your response. Although I do not see a visual ‘bug’ as being an enhancement request.

I have already provided both the input file and the resulting output file, along with the line of code required to create the result. After I provided it, you stated that you have observed the issue specified, so I am not sure why you are asking for it again. Do you need further info?

In the process I also pointed out what may be another bug, that being that an image with a hyperlink in the PPT does not seem to convert to PDF either.

Hi Michael,

I have changed the issue type of issue SLIDESNET-34544 from Enhancment to Bug. I have requested the sample code that you have used for the second scenario that you have shared where by you said that you added an image and set the hyperlink to image but that hyperlink did not work. Please also share the source image used and I will investigate the issue for your convenience and resolution.

Many Thanks,