Hyperlinks in XAML with invalid URIs

We are creating XAML files from Word documents using Aspose.Words. We then use the WPF XAML viewers to display the converted documents. (Specifically we are creating a flow document XAML package using the Beta feature.)

When a Word file contains a link with a URI that cannot be parsed as a .NET Uri object, we cannot load the resulting XAML. For example, we have a technical document where Word has identified the string http://server:portNumber/ as a URI (just like this form engine just did). Aspose converts this to a Hyperlink in XAML.

We feel that Aspose.Words ought to have some code to validate the URI that is used for a XAML hyperlink to ensure that the resulting XAML is valid. For the time being we have some code that scans the Word document and replaces invalid links with about:blank before saving as XAML.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your Word document(s), you’re getting this problem with, here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Added attachment. Thanks.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-7949 in our issue tracking system. Our developers will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7949) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.