Hyphens converted to box characters

Hi,

Our documents that contain optional hyphens or hyphens at the end of a line are converting incorrectly. Instead of the hyphen we are getting a box character. Is there a way to fix this?

I’ve attached before and after documents.

We are running Aspose.Words for .NET version 9.8.0

Thanks,

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
I reproduced your problem on my side.
I has linked your request to the appropriate issue in our defect database. Once the problem is solved, we will notify you immediately.

Hello
In additional, as a temporary workaround, you can try removing optional hyphens from the document before converting it to PDF. Please see the following code example:

// Open document.
Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\test+hyphens.docx");
// Remove optionalHypens from the document.
doc.Range.Replace(ControlChar.OptionalHyphenChar.ToString(), "", false, false);
// Save document to PDF.
doc.Save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf");

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Hi,

I noticed that instead of simply replacing the optional hyphens at the end of a line, the entire word is shifted to the next line resulting in an incorrect text flow.

Are words with hyphens seen as a single word instead of two parts?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. The hyphen is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. Hyphens are mostly used to break single words into parts, or to join ordinarily separate words into single words.
If the workaround is not acceptable for you, you should just wait for the fix of the original issue.

Best regards,

Do you have any information on when support for optional hyphens may be planned?

Thanks,
Kevin Calcagno
Engineering Manager
Lulu.com

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is not scheduled yet. So I cannot provide you a reliable estimate at the moment. We will surely inform you once there is a progress with this issue.
At the moment, you can use a temporary workaround suggested by Andrey. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3381) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan