We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

I am trying to find a way to convert a searchable PDF to rdl

hi support team:

Any suggest? if I decide to use The Aspose' components.

If I can not directly convert a searchable PDF to rdl, is there any workaround ways to complete my requirement , such as I need convert pdf to xml first ,and then write codes to convert it to rdl using Aspose.PDF.

Thanks

Samuel Zhang

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not support the feature to convert PDF to RDL. However we have a separate component named Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services which support the feature to transform RDL files to PDF format.

Hi Samuel,

In addition to Nayyer reply. we have logged your requirement as new feature request, PDFNEWNET-36963, in our issue tracking system for further investigation and implementation. Hopefully we will consider this in our future plan and notify you when we will implement the feature.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your patience. We are sorry to update you that the feature, PDF to RDL, is out of scope of Aspose.PDF as RDL being report definition language has means for defining data, layout and properties while PDF doesn't have such means of logic representation, it's just a document.

So we recommend to follow your own proposed solution. Convert PDF to XML and then write code to convert the XMLxml file into RDL.

Best Regards,