I have an important product evaluation question

Hello,

I am evaluating .NET HTML to PDF conversion libraries for purchase. They will be used on web service and web site servers.

I was wondering if aspose PDF has any dependency whatsoever upon mshtml.dll, the IE rendering engine?

Or if it has any dependency on a virtual print driver to render the PDF?

Does aspose PDF use its own managed code renderer?

Our architecture group will only consider approving products that have no dependency on IE, mshtml and that do not accomplish PDF conversion by simply spooling to a hidden print driver (like ghost).

Thanks for your help!

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Please note that Aspose.Pdf for .NET uses its own rendering engine to transform various files (including HTML) to PDF format. However I will further discuss with development team to get some insight about product rendering mechanism and find out if it has some dependency over third party components/libraries. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your patience.

I have further discussed with development team and please note that Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not depend on mshtml.dll or IE itself and also, it does not use any virtual print driver to render PDF documents. Please continue using our product and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

You may consider visiting the following link for information on HTML to PDF conversion