I have an licence issue

hello,

I have a license since 2009, just renew it this month.

We recently change our domain name for our main application from www.totalprint.co.il to system.totalprint.co.il, since then we cant use your product we are getting a watermark print on our PowerPoint files saying that we are running an evaluation version.

What could be the reason for that and how could we solve it?

Hi Avi,

Thank you for contacting support. It appears as the Aspose license is not being applied properly. Please set the license once per application or process for each Aspose library. It is mandatory to apply the license for each single Aspose library by adding a couple of lines of code. Each Aspose library has the License class and you must initialize its object and set license file directory path explicitly or pass stream of the license file by calling SetLicense method. Please note, the Aspose license should be applied before calling any Aspose library feature. Please refer to the help topic: Applying a License for Aspose.Cells API

Thank you for the response

I was trying to apply the license as describe in your document, but when running the app I getting “The license is not valid for this product.” I am using the Aspose.Slides product in my app.

In the description on the license file I see the license 3.0 while in my old license the version is 2.1
is that a problem?

I was trying to active the product form the global.asax file as well but nothing worked.

what could be the problem?

One more thing that can be very important.

We have not changed the code since 2009.

But it stops working since we changed our domain from www.totalprint.co.il to system.totalprint.co.il (sub domain)

I read that the license is per domain but while issuing the new license there wasn’t an input to set the domain for the app.

Is that could be it?

Hi Avi,

Thank you for contacting support.
avinco:
The license is not valid for this product.
Based on the error message, it appears as it is not valid for the Aspose.Slides API, e.g. it is issued for the Aspose.Words API and you’re using it with Aspose.Slides API. Please send us your license file and the version number of Aspose.Slides API. We’ll share our findings with you. Please check how to send the confidential files to a staff member via an email: Send your License File to an Aspose Staff Member
avinco:
we haven’t change the code since 2009, but it stop working since we change our domain from www.totalprint.co.il to system.totalprint.co.il (sub domain)
i read that the license is per domain but while issuing the new license there wasn’t an input to set the domain for the app
is that could be it ?
Our sales team can answer to this question better. You may create another thread in the Aspose.Purchase forum. We need to investigate the root cause. If you’re looking to replicate the same environment under the sub domain, then please use the old license file with the same version of Aspose.Slides API. It’ll work forever, until you don’t upgrade the Aspose API version.

We’re looking forward to helping you.

Hi Avi,

Thank you for sending us your license file. We have tested your license file against the latest version 17.1 of Aspose.Slides for .NET API. It is working fine and did not show any error on our side. Please download and use the latest version 17.1 of Aspose.Slides API and let us know how that goes on your side. If the latest version of API shows an error on your side, then please provide us your source presentation and code for the testing purposes. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately.