I lose bullets when converting a rtf file to a word document

I am converting some of my rtf files to word documents using your Aspose.Words component. I am running into an issue where bullets are converted into “0.” This will occur for normal bullets and numbered bullets Below is the code that I am running. I can send you some sample documents to test against if that helps.

Dim oDialog As New OpenFileDialog
Dim szFile As String
Dim oDoc As Aspose.Words.Document
Dim oLic As Aspose.Words.License
Dim szDocFile As String
Try
oLic = New Aspose.Words.License
oLic.SetLicense("C:\Installs\Aspose\Word\Aspose.Words.lic")
oDialog.Filter = "Rich Text Format (*.rtf)|*.rtf"
oDialog.ShowDialog()
szFile = oDialog.FileName
szDocFile = szFile.Substring(0, szFile.Length - 4) & ".doc"
'Open the template document
oDoc = New Aspose.Words.Document(szFile)
oDoc.Save(szDocFile, SaveFormat.Doc)
Catch ex As Exception
Finally
oDialog = Nothing
oDoc = Nothing
oLic = Nothing
End Try

Hi,
Thank you for your report.

dmorin:
I can send you some sample documents to test against if that helps.

Yes please, this would be very helpful.

How can I send you some sample documents? Is there an email address I can send them to?

You can attach them directly to your post, please find the Options tab. Zip documents if there are lots of them. The attachments are only visible to you and Aspose so no worries regarding privacy issues.

Here are some rtf files that I ran that code against.

Thank you for attachment. I have logged your issue as #3396 and will try to fix it quickly.

A couple more things that I noticed when converting rtf to word documents. I have attached another document that you can test against:

1. On some of the reports, where the bullets would be, there is white text with a black background. This will happen on the attached document.
  2. The dropdown form fields disappear from the document. If you look at the second page of the attached rtf file, where it says Conclusion, you will see the dropdown form fields that disappear when saving as a word doc.

Thank you, we will investigate the issues shortly.

Hi
Thanks for your report. I have reproduced this bug. And I have logged this problem to our defect base as issue #3464. We will try to fix it in our next release. A notification will be posted here in this thread as soon as it will be done.
Best regards.

I figured out both issues are caused by the same problem. Closed 3396. Will be fixed soon.

The bullets are there, but 2 other issues still exist:

1. The bullets end up with a white foreground and black background. It looks like the bullets are highlighted but they aren’t.
  2. The dropdown form fields are still disappearing from document. If you look at the original rtf file that I attached, you will see some dropdown fields in the conclusion section. These don’t appear after it gets saved as a word document.

Hi
Thanks for your report. I have reproduced these bugs and logged them to our defect base as issues # 3532 and # 3533. We will try to fix it in our next release. A notification will be posted here in this thread as soon as it will be done.
Best regards.

Hi, When will these issues be corrected? I noticed there have been 2 releases since these issues were reported, but these weren’t in the list of fixes.
-Dave

Hi
Unfortunately, issues # 3532 and # 3533 are still unresolved. Also, I can’t tell you exact date when these issues will be fixed.
Best regards.

Do you think that it would be resolved in the next release?

Hi
Unfortunately, I am not sure whether it will be done or not… We will provide you more information before the next release.
Best regards.

Any more information on when these 2 issues will be resolved?

Hi
Thanks for your request. These issues are still opened. These issues have Show Stopper priority in our defect database. Unfortunately I can’t tell you when they will be resolved.
Best regards.

Hi
We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for one of your issues.

Issue # 3532 – The dropdown form fields are disappearing from document after converting from rtf to doc

The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 3533) have been fixed in this update.