IChartData.ReadWorkbookStream() returns empty workbook

Using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.12 I have found that calling ReadWorkbookStream() on some embedded charts returns an empty workbook, rather than the correct workbook which is returned when editing the table for the chart in PowerPoint.

I have attached an example PPTX with an embedded XLSX based chart. I have also attached the XLSX extracted by Aspose.Slides and the XLSX that I extracted by opening the PPTX in 7-Zip and browsing to ppt\embeddings\Microsoft_Excel_Worksheet1.xlsx.

Here is the code I used to extract the XLSX.

var presentation = new Presentation(filePath);

foreach (Slide slide in presentation.Slides)
{
foreach (Shape shape in slide.Shapes)
{
if (shape is Chart)
{
var chart = (Chart) shape;

var bytes = chart.ChartData.ReadWorkbookStream().ToArray();

if (bytes.Length > 0)
{
string tempFilePath = @“C:\extracted.xlsx”;

using (var binaryWriter = new BinaryWriter(File.Open(tempFilePath, FileMode.Create)))
{
binaryWriter.Write(bytes);
}
}
}

}
}

Thanks

Hi Reuben,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.12.0 and able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38250 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for the update. Our customers are asking for an ETA as to when this will be fixed. Is it possible to determine which release of Aspose.Slides for .NET ticket SLIDESNET-38250 is assigned to?

Thanks,
Reuben

Hi Reuben,

I have observed your comments and requested our product team to share ETA for this issue. I request for your patience until further feedback is shared by them.

Sorry to bother you.

My customer is again pushing for an ETA for this fix.

Thanks

Hi Reuben,

I have observed your comments and like to share that the issue has just recently been added in our issue tracking system and is pending for investigation in investigation queue at the moment. Our product team will schedule the issue for investigation on its due turn and after that we will be able to share any ETA for the issue. I request for your patience till the time our product team schedule and investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hello,

Sorry to bother you. It has been a month since the last post in this thread. Do we know how far down in the investigation queue the issue is?

Thanks,

Reuben

Hi Reuben,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that this issue is going to resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 17.2.0. This version of Aspose.Slides will be available soon. I request for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38250) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.