Free Support Forum - aspose.com

IE Viewing of SVG

Hi

I am converting some visio’ to SVG. I have noticed that IE11 (11.165.17134.0), and Edge (42.17134.1.0) seem to only display a portion of the SVG. The problem is also in Firefox (61.0.2). Chrome has no issues.

I have previously converted the visio’s through VBA, and those files have no viewing issues in IE/Edge/Firefox.

Attached is both svg files. Let me know if you need the source vsd.

svg.zip (56.6 KB)

@hellagutmanndk

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share which version of the API are you using in your environment. Also, please share source VISO file along with sample code snippet. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I have tried with both 18.7 and 18.8, with the same result.

It is part of larger program, but the essentials of the program is to load the source file, and then save it as SVG.

var d = new Diagram(input);
d.Save(output, SaveFileFormat.SVG);

source.zip (499.8 KB)

@hellagutmanndk

Thanks for sharing sample source VSD file.

We have tested the scenario using Aspose.Diagram for .NET 18.8 and were unable to notice the issue of incomplete view of SVG in Internet Explorer as well as in Mozilla Firefox.

outputSVGinIE.png (40.9 KB)
output.zip (26.1 KB)

Would you kindly share a screenshot of the issue which you are experiencing in your environment.

try zooming in the SVG, then you will see that the view of the SVG is incomplete. The SVG is complete in Chrome. It may be that IE and Firefox share the same viewing engine, which may have problems showing the generated SVG.

regards
Dennis

@hellagutmanndk

As requested earlier, it would really be helpful if you could please share a screenshot showing missing parts of SVG in IE or Mozilla. We have tried to view after zooming in but could not identify the difference.

I am beginning to think this to be an issue in Windows 10 (1803), resizing the window also cuts the diagram off… in Edge…

IE 11 is pretty stable as to only show initial loaded view.

I have attached a few screenshots. The filenames should be self-explanatory.

This is the VBA version, zoomed to see entire diagram.
fullscreen - Edge - zoom 46.png (85.7 KB)

This is the Aspose.Diagram versions
halfscreen - zoom 84 - IE11.png (29.4 KB)
fullscreen - IE11 -HD .png (63.0 KB)
fullscreen - Edge - HD.png (101.6 KB)
halfscreen - zoom 81 - Edge.png (42.9 KB)

@hellagutmanndk

Thanks for sharing screenshots.

We have tried resizing browser windows and changing zoom levels but did not notice missing shapes issue. For your kind reference, following are screenshots:

Resized_Window_IE11_Zoom84.png (19.2 KB)
FullScreen_Edge_Zoom23.png (73.4 KB)
Resized_Window_Edge_Zoom81.png (17.1 KB)

Above screenshots were taken in Windows 10 ENx64 Environment. It seems your environment specific issue. Would you please try to view the image on another machine and let us know about the results.

Just tried on 2 other machines, with the same result.

The machines are all Win10 ENx64, on 1803. I have even tried it on a Win2016.

As of now, I will not investigate this issue further, it may be specific to our development machines. But if we see the issue during testing, I will get back to you.

Regards
Dennis

One of my test colleagues, being the geek we are, tried different stuff with the width, and height attributes.
And he found that replacing , with . (comma with period) it worked nicely in all browsers.

With that being said, the convertion machine is an Win2016 EN but with danish culture (including number formatting) and we use comma as decimal point in Denmark.

So the question is, what culture do you use, when you are formatting numbers? - I am betting that it is using Current[UI]Culture (either implicitly or explicitly) and because of this it works on you end and not on our end :slight_smile:

Regards
Dennis

@hellagutmanndk

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

It is good to know that your issue has been resolved after changing number format settings. Please check the screenshots of system locale and number formats with which we tested the scenario in our environment.

RegionAndFormatSettings.png (24.8 KB)

I’m not sure the correct fix is to let the user set the correct culture on the thread.
That should be something you take care of :slight_smile:

@hellagutmanndk

Thanks for getting back to us.

We have logged an investigation ticket as DIAGRAMNET-51515 in our issue tracking system. We will investigate the scenario in details and keep you informed in case of further updates. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.