IF Condition appears to return the wrong values

I am evaluating the CELLS software as an alternative to using Excel because we are going Office 365. I have downloaded the latest demo and worked all night on creating a proof of concept. I’ve been doing regression testing between the Excel (excel9) API version of my code and CELLS .NET version and noticed an error.

The IF statement in CELLS seems to return the transposed cell value.

I’ve traced the flaw to this particular formula in my spreadsheet.

=IF(B12>B13,B12,B13)

Supposing B12 is 135 and B13 is 106, then Excel returns the value 135, however CELLS returns 106

This basically makes the rest of my spreadsheet invalid.

Can anyone else verify? What are the support options? The source spreadsheet cannot be changed without a whole lot of expense for recertification.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.1

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit using the latest version/fix, it works absolutely fine with it. I have used the following sample code with a simple template file (attached), I have created the file in Ms Excel manually with your desired values and formula in it, it gives expected results and similar to Ms Excel.
e.g
Sample code:

var workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Bk_ifcondition1.xlsx”);

Console.WriteLine(“A1 Value: {0}”, workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[“A1”].StringValue); //A1 Value: 135 -Ok

workbook.CalculateFormula();

Console.WriteLine(“A1 Value: {0}”, workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[“A1”].StringValue); //A1 Value: 135 - Ok

Let us know if you still have any issue.

Thank you.