If use IsHtmlTagSupported-The pdf save the first time a minute or so

Hello every one,

I can prove the issue is on Aspose side with a web test process we wrote, with this you can reproduce the issue when generating PDF, i.e. initial attempt is lengthy.

The way to apply this
web process: deploy it in IIS, click Export PDF on WebForm1.aspx, it may take
about 1 minute in first try, subsequent exporting would be faster. If you don’t use IsHtmlTagSupported property,there is no this problem.

Problem is each time
after IIS restarted or reached Idle Time-out(minutes) in IIS, the issue
reoccurs! Deploying this web process in IIS can help reproduce the issue, only
debugging it won’t help.So I think this problem and used in the web project has a lot to do.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Looking forward to your reply,thank you.

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.1.0 where I have used the same project which you have shared earlier and as per my observations, the PDF generation takes around 4 seconds in first attempt and in subsequent attempts, it takes around 2 seconds. Please note that I have tested the scenario with text2.IsHtmlTagSupported = true;. Can you please share some which version of API you are using.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello Nayyer Shahbaz,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Are you sure you were using the project I shared exactly in the way I descibed?

To use this project, you must first new a site in IIS, then click Publish in Visual Studio to publish onto the site, see the attatched screenshot "Publish. PNG".

You can restart the IIS first, then follow the my project process, I am sure you can see the problem occuring.

I think the cause is that it has used property "IsHtmlTagSupported" in FileHandler.ashx file and sent request through"System.Web.IHttpHandler".

I am using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.9.0.0, and I have tried Aspose. Pdf for.net 9.1.0 to test but it has the same problem.

If you still couldn't reproduce this problem, please tell me your detailed steps, maybe I could help.

Thanks again.

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have again tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.1.0 in Visual Studio 2010 application where I have first created an application over IIS, published the site to site over IIS, restarted IIS have tried generating the PDF using WebForm1.aspx (i.e. http://localhost/sample/WebForm1.aspx) and as per my observations, the PDF document is being generated in 4 seconds. Please note that I have followed the instructions specified over [How to: Deploy a web project using One-Click publish in Visual Studio].

Hello Nayyer Shahbaz,

Sorry,I don't know why you can't repeat the question.But in order to solve this problem as soon as possible, is it OK for you or a technical guy nominated from your company to have a webex with me, so I can show you how to repeat the issue and perhaps you can research the cause further with info found, you think? If OK, please let us know what time is OK with you.
BTW, I am developer from AvePoint Inc. who has bought your Aspose product, and we are having a software for easy webex session, just enter a URL we send, you can directly join us.

Thanks.

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for contacting support.

We can have a webex session anytime between 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT +5) or 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM (GMT+1).

Hello Nayyer Shahbaz,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I appreciate your help a lot. As per your suggestion, I think 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT +5) , this timeslot works for us best.

We are in GMT+8 by the way.

Can we have a webEX session either today (May 13th, from 11AM your time) or tomorrow (May 14th, from 11AM ).

If you are able to jump into the session today(May 13th), please use following for the webEX entry. If NOT, feel free to drop us an email so we can reschedule. My email address is sam.long@avepoint.com

Topic: Aspose Discussion

Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Time: 2:00 pm, Singapore Time (Singapore, GMT+08:00)

Meeting Number: 761 721 496

Meeting Password: Ave123

-------------------------------------------------------

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

1. Go to https://avepoint.webex.com/avepoint/j.php?MTID=m1f387ae95f08d01905ba24fab67c20ca

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.

3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: Ave123

4. Click "Join".

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:

https://avepoint.webex.com/avepoint/j.php?MTID=mbaca0ec99d5ab419d0c942f0d5c056d0

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for sharing the details. I am afraid due to busy schedule, we could not have a session today. However lets plan the session for tomorrow (14May14) during the time slot which you have shared above.

Hello

Since previous webEX has been expired , please use following updated one instead.
Thanks in advance

Meeting information
Topic: Aspose Discussion
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Time: 2:00 pm, Singapore Time (Singapore, GMT+08:00)
Meeting Number: 769 830 340
Meeting Password: Ave123

To start or join the online meeting
Go to https://avepoint.webex.com/avepoint/j.php?MTID=m1d5b0a942f1bd60229f09a64e4297468
if you have any problem to enter the session, feel free to drop me an email, sam.long@avepoint.com

hello,

could you please leave an valid email for me so we can reach out to you through email.

Thanks.

Hi,

As per the information shared above, I have joined the meeting. Please start the session so that we can further look into HTML to PDF conversion issue.

Hi Sam,

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>I
have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-36938. The development team will investigate this
issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer Shahbaz,

I want to ask about the progress of this problem.About the Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.5.0 new version of you referred to in the other posts.The new HtmlFragment object replaced Text object for convert HTML string.Whether can solve the problem of the first time generate PDF file slowly?
Efficiency of the problem is that we at present the most concern.It will affect the customer experience of our products.

Thanks.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your patience.<o:p></o:p>

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the above stated problem is not yet resolved. Nevertheless, I have requested the development team to share any possible ETA. As soon as we have some updates regarding its resolution, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Now concerning to your other query, the HtmlFragment object is new approach and you may consider using this approach to see if it can resolve your particular issue. For further details regarding this approach, please visit Add HTML string using DOM

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and as per our findings, we are unable to reproduce the issue with recent release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.6.0. Please note that it is a known problem and has been extensively discussed in .NET forums. You may consider searching for solution over the internet i.e. Google something like "first call is long in C#" and it can be resolved by configuring IIS or by introducing some changes/configurations on your application side. I am afraid It does not seem to be an issue with our API.

Thanks for your comprehension.