Ignoring UTC time in Appointment.load

Hi Aspose

Evaluating Aspose.Email for Java 4.3.0, I try to load an ICS file which specifies UTC time into a PST, using the code below;

String pathPSTFileStr = “c:\temp\testPST.pst”;
String testFile = “c:\temp\test.ics”;

PersonalStorage pst = PersonalStorage.create(pathPSTFileStr, 0);
Appointment calDoc = Appointment.load(testFile);
MailMessage calMsg = new MailMessage();
calMsg.addAlternateView(calDoc.requestApointment());
MapiMessage calMapiMsg = MapiMessage.fromMailMessage(calMsg);
FolderInfo calFolder = pst.createPredefinedFolder(“Calendar”, StandardIpmFolder.Appointments);
MapiCalendar mapiCal = (MapiCalendar)calMapiMsg.toMapiMessageItem();
calFolder.addMapiMessageItem(mapiCal);

The ICS file is;
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//ACME Software//NONSGML Notes Release 9.0.1FP1//EN
BEGIN:VEVENT
CLASS:PUBLIC
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTART:20140729T220000Z
DTEND:20140729T230000Z
DTSTAMP:20140723T004138Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20140824T013130Z
UID:87ADB15FB0731E4DCC257D1E0003D023
SEQUENCE:0
ORGANIZER;CN=“John Lowndes”:mailto:John_Lowndes@acme.co.nz
ATTENDEE;ROLE=CHAIR;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;CN=“John Lowndes”;RSVP=FALSE
:mailto:John_Lowndes@acme.co.nz
SUMMARY:Test Meeting UTC
DESCRIPTION:This is the description
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

If I import this ics file into Outlook using the code above, the meeting date/time is not translated from UTC to the local timezone, and it appears in the calendar as 29 July 2014 22:00.

If I import this ics file directly using Outlook, the meeting date/time is translated from UTC to the local timezone, and it appears in the calendar as the correct time 30 July 2014 10:00.

This has been tested on Windows 8.1 & Windows 7, Timezone (UTC+12:00) Coordinated Universal Time+12

Can you please advise what is wrong with the code, or why it does not acknowledge the UTC timezone values?

Thanks

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support.

We have investigated this issue at our end using the latest version of Aspose.Email and have reported it to our development team via issue id: NETWORKNET-34482. Once there is some update or information available in this regard, we’ll update you here via this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34482) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thanks, although as above it was Email for Java I need it for, not .NET. Will there be a 4.6.0 release for Java with the same fixes?

Hi Peter,

Yes, the same will be available as Fixed in the Aspose.Email for Java 4.6.0. We’ll notify you here once the fix version is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWRKJAVA-33403) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.