We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

IIS consumes CPU usage to 100% while clone of slide from one presentation to another

Hi,

When I am trying to clone one slide from another presentation, I see following issues:

1. The formatting gets scattered

2. The CPU utilization goes higher till 100% and system responds slow.

Following is the code snippet:

string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(@"ppt");

Presentation presentationDeck = new Presentation();

//to remove the blank slide

presentationDeck.Slides.RemoveAt(0);

foreach (var file in files)

{

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(file);

presentationDeck.Masters.AddClone(presentation.Masters[0]);

presentationDeck.LayoutSlides.Add(presentationDeck.Masters[presentationDeck.Masters.Count

• 1], presentation.Slides[0].LayoutSlide.LayoutType, “sample”);

presentationDeck.Slides.AddClone(presentation.Slides[0],
presentationDeck.LayoutSlides[presentationDeck.LayoutSlides.Count - 1]);

}

presentationDeck.Save(outpDir, SaveFormat.Pptx);

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issues shared by you and request you to please first try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.11.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample project, source presentation and generated presentation exhibiting scattered formatting. For second issue concerning to IIS performance, please try using the suggested version on your end and if you still feel an issue then please share the machine specifications, Operating system and IIS information. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I have attached the sample program over here.

While we dispose the presentation object it still does not release the memory and keeps increasing the memory usage.

Thanks,
Ritesh Soni

Hi Mudassir,

I am using the latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.11.0 and seeing this issue.

Thanks,
Ritesh Soni

Hi Ritesh Soni,

Thanks for sharing the sample application. I have used the application on my end and have observed that it is console application whereby you are appending some text in text frames. Also the source presentation is unavailable. Earlier, you have mentioned that there is an issue while slide cloning. Can you please the source presentation along with revised sample project describing your issue so that I may investigate further on my end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I have intentionally created a console application, this can exactly recreate the issue without deploying it to the IIS. Basically I am trying to create one presentation and trying to add multiple slides from different presentations to club them in one.

Kindly check the code that I have attached.

Thanks,
Ritesh Soni

Hi Ritesh Soni,

Thank you for sharing the data with us.

I have been able to notice the issue with Dispose method, but to log it for further investigation and resolution, I request you to please share with us the presentation files, that you are using on your end, for quality assurance purpose.

Best Regards,

Please find the presentations as attached here.

Thanks,
Ritesh Soni

Hi Ritesh Soni,

I have observed your comments and have worked with the data shared by you. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37181 has been logged into our issue management system for further investigation and resolution of the issue with Dispose method. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as this issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37181) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.