ILT0005 caused by the installation of Aspose.HTML

Environment: Visual Studio 2019, Win10 x64
Reproduction:
Create a new UWP project. Install Aspose.HTML with NuGet package manager. Build the solution under Release mode.
The building will fail with the following error or similar:
ILT0005: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.win10-x86.microsoft.net.native.compiler\2.2.3\tools\x86\ilc\ilc.exe --gatekeeper @“D:\repos\App1\App1\obj\x86\Release\ilc\intermediate\gkargs.rsp”” returned exit code 1 App1
Then I did some other tests:
Older versions of Aspose.HTML will also block building;
Other Aspose members, such as Aspose.Cell will also block building;
Other NuGet packages, including NUnit, Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.Notifications, Newtonsoft.Json, will NOT block building.
For all the above, I feel like your NuGet packages have some defects.

@Silver_Fang

Thank you for contacting support.

We have tried the same and have noticed problem as in attached screenshot. Would you please verify it so that we may proceed further. UWPissue.PNG (6.2 KB)

That may not be what I encountered. My project is targeted at Windows 10 18362, with the lowest version 17763 by default. But if I set the lowest version to 15063, unexpectedly, the building succeeded. So your package may have a compatibility problem with higher Win10 versions?

@Silver_Fang

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We have logged a ticket with ID HTMLNET-2135 in our issue management system for further investigations and will let you know as soon as any update will be available in this regard.

For Aspose.Cells API, we are checking from its perspective and will update you soon.

@Silver_Fang,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46871 - Compatibility problem with Aspose.Cells

@Silver_Fang

We have investigated further and we are afraid this may not be some defect with NuGet package. Actually it is rather old versions of UWP. As you can check from Dependencies Section that we build HTML library for netstandard2.0. According to [this table](https://github.com/dotnet/standard/blob/master/docs/versions.md), netstandard is compatible with UWP starting from 10.0.16299 version. The UWP build 16299 was released in October 2017. So, if you use UWP builds that are older than two years, you can really face some project compilation problems.

We would advise you to update your working station and get the benefits from latest builds of UWP and netstandard2.0, of course, if it is not critical in your case.

@Silver_Fang,
For CELLSNET-46871, we did some tests on windows 10, using vs2019, on a UWP project.
Our win10 version is 17134.950, so my project target version is 18362, the lowest version is 17134.
We did not meet any problems when getting Aspose.Cells lib from nuget and building the test UWP project.
We will share the simple test project with you.
However, we still meet some problems around testing and below are the major problems we met:

1: As UWP project can not access a file directly in path such as “d:/test/test.xlsx”, if we create a new Workbook like this:
Workbook w1 = new Workbook(“d:/test/test.xlsx”);
This will cause a “UnauthorizedAccessException”, we can only access the “local path” of the test project, such as:
Workbook w1 = new Workbook();
w1.Worksheets.Add(“TestSheet1”);
string path = Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder.Path;
w1.Save(path + “/test1.xlsx”);
This will be OK and we can create the XLSX file successfully.

2: System.Drawing.common lib can not support UWP project. For example:
w1.Save(path + “/test1.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);
Saving a PDF file need to call System.Drawing.common lib, this will cause a “PlatformNotSupportedException”.
So drawing functions may throw exception in UWP project.

3: Other simple tests, please check the test project.
UWPTest2.zip (6.5 MB)