I'm not getting accurate information about WordArt shape formatting from Aspose's API

Hi,

When I try to get information about WordArt shape in some Excel document by calling getPresetFormat() method from the Aspose’s TextEffectFormat Class I always get same result (255) regardles of what preset WordArt format is present in the document. I’ve tried out several different documents and result is always 255.

I’ve included with this post zipped file which contains: excel document having four different WordArt preset shapes enumerated with numbers 1 to 4, screen capture of what that file looks-like, source code of the Java program used to query excel document about getPresetFormat() values of each WordArt shape and finally screen capture of results of execution of that program showing returned values for four shapes. This can probably help you with reproduction of this bug.

Best regards,
Ivan Tanaskovic

Hi,

Thanks for the template file, sample code and screen shots.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found I am not getting accurate information about WordArt shape formatting from Aspose.Cells APIs.
I am using the following sample code with your template file:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“asposeTestFile.xlsx”);

ShapeCollection shapes = wb.getWorksheets().get(0).getShapes();

System.err.println("Text of the shape 0: "+shapes.get(0).getText());
System.err.println(“Preset text effect for the text of the shape 0 (according to the getTextEffect().getPresetShape()): “+shapes.get(0).getTextEffect().getPresetShape()+”\n\n”);

System.err.println("Text of the shape 1: "+shapes.get(1).getText());
System.err.println(“Preset text effect for the text of the shape 1 (according to the getTextEffect().getPresetShape()): “+shapes.get(1).getTextEffect().getPresetShape()+”\n\n”);

System.err.println("Text of the shape 2: "+shapes.get(2).getText());
System.err.println(“Preset text effect for the text of the shape 2 (according to the getTextEffect().getPresetShape()): “+shapes.get(2).getTextEffect().getPresetShape()+”\n\n”);

System.err.println("Text of the shape 3: "+shapes.get(3).getText());
System.err.println(“Preset text effect for the text of the shape 3 (according to the getTextEffect().getPresetShape()): “+shapes.get(3).getTextEffect().getPresetShape()+”\n\n”);

I always get same result (255) regardless of what preset WordArt format is present in the document as you mentioned. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41298 for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Any progress on this?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi,

I am afraid there is no update on your issue logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-41298”. I have logged your concerns and asked the concerned developer from product team to provide an update or ETA (if possible) for your issue.

Once we receive any response from our product team, we will share it with you immediately.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi,

This is to update you that we are planning to obsolete shape.getTextEffect() method step by step. We will provide you shape.getTextBody().getTextAlignment().getTextShapeType() method to get and set the transform type of text. And there is no text transform, so it returns AutoShapeType.TextBox.

We will soon provide you the fix.

Thank you.
Hi,

Could you please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.8.2.6

Your issue should be fixed in it, please refer to my previous post.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41298) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.