Image alignment in text is not used

Hello,

Image alignment in strings has changed between Aspose.Words.dll version 6.4.0.0 and 9.0.0.0. Images used to be aligned middle and now they are always much lower than the text. This issue has been resolved at some point and possibly reintroduced. It is a big issue for us since most of our strings contain images. It would be impossible for us to modify our html for a workaround, since it is dynamically generate and would require a huge effort. It looks like neither Words and Pdf dlls take into account this alignment. Here is an example of html where alignment middle, top, bottom, right and left for images does not work:

• Click Start Click Programs Click MS Word

• xxxx

We are currently using:

Aspose.Word.dll v. 9.0.0.0

Aspose.PDF.dll v. 4.9.0.0

Thank you in advance for your efforts!

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support import and export img.align attribute.

Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. What about the difference in output between the two version of the dll for the html below without the align attribute. Attached are two pdf files that were generated from the word file. Please compare the “xxxx -> xxxx” string under “Menu Path” between two files and let me know if/when thic can be addressed.

• Click Start Click Programs Click MS Word

• xxxx

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Could you also save your output document in DOC or DOCX format and attach it here for testing? In addition, have you tried using direct method of PDF conversion?

Best regards.

Hello,

I have just checked the word output and the images looked correct. I am sorry, but I have opened an issue against a wrong product family. Should have been Aspose.Pdf. This is happening on pdf.Save() call. Is there an easy way of transferring this thread to the proper person without opening a new thread.

Thank you,

Hello

Thanks for your request. May I ask you, why you don’t use direct method of PDF conversion? Have you tried using direct method? If you would like I can move this thread to Aspose.Pdf forum, but first I should make sure that the problem is in Aspose.Pdf. So could you please attach your Word document here for testing?

Best regards,

Hello,

Attached please find the Word document that we were are converting to PDF. The reason for the way we are converting to PDF is because of previous suggestions from Aspose in order to resolve other issues. We are getting really close to the release date and converting to the direct method would require many more hours of testing.

Thank you,

Hi

Thank you for additional information. The problem does not occur with the direct method of PDF conversion. So, I think, you should use this method.
Another reason of using the direct method is the fact that we are stopped developing the legacy method. So no new issues will be addressed in this method of PDF conversion on Aspose.Words side.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1570) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)