Image Enhancement Request for Word to XML

Hello,
Something that would make my life a lot easier is if instead of creating ???.001.jpg, ???.002.jpg type of images and linking the xml image file to these images, is if you could give us the option to instead link to a specific file.
As an example, could you not create an image files and use a specific file path that was stored in Alternative text section of the web tab for the picture properties.
Right now I’m having to modify the XML document to the images every time I change the word document.
Thanks,
Chris.

Sorry I’m not getting the point. Please explain step by step what do you do now and how you see it better.

When Aspose.Words creates the XML file for PDF generation, I get an image filename of “c:\tfs\test.001.png”. I have to manually change this to “c:\charts\bar chart 1.png”. I have to do this for about 11 images.
I’m hoping you could allow us to specify the filepath in Word that would use “c:\charts\bar chart 1.png”, instead of “c:\tfs\test.001.png”. So for example if I could specify “c:\charts\bar chart 1.png” in the Alternative Text in the Web Tab and have the XML export use this filepath instead of the test.001.png. I hope that makes sense.
XML example code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<Pdf xml:space="preserve" TabStopPosition="36" IsCoreFontUsed="false" IsPageNumberForDocument="true" xmlns="Aspose.Pdf">
  <Section PageWidth="612" PageHeight="792" PageMarginTop="9" PageMarginBottom="0" PageMarginLeft="27" PageMarginRight="27" IsNewPage="true">
    <Image File="c:\tfs\test.001.png" Type="png" FixWidth="211.68" />
  </Section>
</Pdf>

I have to change it to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<Pdf xml:space="preserve" TabStopPosition="36" IsCoreFontUsed="false" IsPageNumberForDocument="true" xmlns="Aspose.Pdf">
  <Section PageWidth="612" PageHeight="792" PageMarginTop="9" PageMarginBottom="0" PageMarginLeft="27" PageMarginRight="27" IsNewPage="true">
    <Image File="c:\charts\bar chart 1.png" .=. Type="png" FixWidth="211.68" />
  </Section>
</Pdf>

I can see your point. Looks like it may be useful feature to add. We will discuss your proposal and reply you back.

If all you want is to display alternative text, then maybe you should enter in the image properties in MS Word. There is place on the Web tab to enter the alternative text. I will log the issue to make sure the alternative text is exported to HTML.
If you want to control folder where the exported images are saved using properties of the Document.SaveOptions object.
If you want to control the names of the files for the exported images, it is not possible at the moment. Let me know if this is what you need.

I don’t particularly like the idea of using the Web tab with the alternative text to specify the file name of the image to use when exporting to PDF.
But I could try to export images using their original file names that are sometimes stored in the Word document along with the image. I will log this issue for research too.
We might have time to look at these requests within 3-4 weeks.

If you want to control the names of the files for the exported images, it is not possible at the moment. Let me know if this is what you need.
Yes. This is want we want. Or exporting the images using the original file names is also good.
Thanks for looking into it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 732) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by alexey.noskov.

Hello Chris!
Thank you for your patience. In the latest release we have implemented a new feature that allows you control how output supplementary images are named.
To alter file names please implement a handler of this event:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.saving/pdfsaveoptions/
In particular, you can build up a new name analyzing CurrentShape.ImageData.Title, CurrentShape.ImageData.SourceFullName, CurrentShape.Name and name generated by default.
You can download the latest version 6.1.0 here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Regards,

Sweat!
Thanks. Should make my life a bit easier.