Image enhancements

Hi,

I am intrested in using your OCR module an I have a couple of questions.

Are you performing image enhancements like descewing, contrast enhancement, etc.

What does the font restriction mean? What will happen with an image with text in for instance Verdana or any other font similar to Arial? Will it be partially converted or just rejected?

Is it possible for you to share the roadmap with me to give me an idea what you are working on, now and for the future?

At last - what would you say is the main difference between your product and market leaders - for instance Abbyy?

Best regards
Robert Tell

Hi Robert,

Thanks for considering Aspose. The features you have mentioned are related to image manipulation and conversion and Aspose.OCR for .NET does not support these features. These features will be included in our upcoming product Aspose.Imaging for .NET which is in the release process and will be available for download soon.

Aspose.OCR for .NET allows you to extract text from the images. Mentioned 6 fonts and 3 languages are supported at the moment and more fonts and languages will be supported in future.

I am moving your post to Aspose.Imaging forum. Aspose.Imaging support developer will provide you further details about the supported features and roadmap of the product.

Best Regards,

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As my fellow colleague has narrated, we are about to launch a product for .NET platform to work with images. Hopefully, Aspose.Imaging for .NET will be released with in this month and then I will be able to provide you more detailed contents and demos for your reference.

As an overview, Aspose.Imaging for .Net is a class library which holds the functionality to create [Draw] and manipulate images without requiring any image editor. It supports maximum file formats from Raster based graphical imaging and provides wide range of compression algorithms along with numerous image processing operations. Another demanding feature that Aspose.Imaging for .NET provides is to Export image files to other formats including Bmp, Gif, Tiff, Jpeg, Png and Psd.

At the moment we are releasing the public interface of Aspose.Imaging for .NET. But soon we are intended to provide the interface for other Aspose products that require imaging functionality, like Aspose.OCR.

Like all Aspose products, we will shape Aspose.Imaging according to the customer needs. Once released, you can log your requirements and we will make sure they are available soon.