Image Export Hangs for Slide with Embedded Excel Sheet on Linux

For the attached sample file I found Presentation.GetThumbnails to hang when running a .NET Core app on Linux with Aspose.Slides 21.8. Hanging means I gave up after 5+ minutes and killed the process.

test-hang.zip (31.0 KB)

@co213,
Thank you for the issue description. I have reproduced the problem with the hanging of thumbnail rendering and logged the issue with ID SLIDESNET-42762 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the problem is fixed.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov - I wanted to check if you had an update regarding this issue. With version 21.10 I still observed that Presentation.GetThumbnails hangs.

@co213,
I have requested information from our development team for you. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@co213,
The issue investigation will begin next week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42762) have been fixed in this update.

Are you sure that the issue is resolved? I tested again with Aspose.Slides 21.12 and 22.1 and still saw that GetThumbnails was hanging with an embedded OLE object like in the presentation above.

@co213,
Please share the following additional information about the environment in which your code was run:

• Linux distribution
  • .NET Core version

@Andrey_Potapov - Running on Ubuntu 21.04 with .NET Core 3.1.17

Update: After updating System.Drawing.Common package to 5.0.0 the application works.

@co213,
Thank you for the additional information.
Aspose.Slides for .NET Core does not support System.Drawing.Common 6.0.0 yet. The latest supported version is 5.0.3. We are glad your issue has been resolved.