We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Image File Name

Hi there,

I am using Aspose to take a word document and convert it to html. Different sections of the document will be stored in different database fields. The sections can include images along with text.

What I need to do is be able to grab an image from a word doc and then store that image in the file system with the original name of the file that inserted into the word doc. Is that possible?

The help files that I saw showed that you can use document name.image #.type Is it possible to obtain the original file name?

Thanks.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your request. Actually, the original file name of an image is not stored in Word documents. So there is no way to retrieve it from a document.

Could you please attach your sample document here for review? I will check it and maybe I will be able to provide you more information.

Best regards.

The file is attached. It contains an image. I need to be able to store the image in a directory with the name of the original file so that my customers are able to easily find the image in the directory library.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks.

Ryan

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get the original file name of embedded images. As I mentioned earlier, original file name is not stored in the document.

Original file name is stored in the document only in case of linked image:

Best regards.