Image in Word Xml not present when converted to pdf

I’ve got a document in Word ML format which has an embedded png image. When I use Aspose.Words to convert to pdf the image is not present in the output.
I have attached my document and a test project which shows the problem.
Thanks,
Richard

Dear Richard,

Thank for your inquiry.

This issue regarding the pdf output occurs because positioning of floating content is not supported upon rendering. We are currently working on this issue but because of its complex nature the fix may not be available until sometime next year.

To work around this in the mean time you can change layout of your embedded png image to inline or square wrapping style, this solves the issue.
Please ask more questions if you have any concerns.

HI Svetlana,

Thanks for the quick response.

I’m rendering documents from a third party document storage system and so have no control over how they are generated. I’ve done a quick test with just changing the layout to square or inline and it changes the output, but doesn’t display it correctly e.g. with square the image is off the top of the page.

Next year ranges from a few days to a whole year, have you got any more information on when it might be ready

Thanks,
Richard

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any exact timeline for this issue resolving. Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi
We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

Thanks for the update. However, I’ve just tried 9.6.0 and am still getting the same problem with the attached file.

Hi,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 23694) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

That’s looking much better. The image is now positioned correctly and thanks for responding so quickly on it.

There’s still one difference to how Word displays it. The hyperlink below the image is above it in the pdf converted output. This is definitely workable for me now though, but isn’t quite full fidelity.

Richard

Hi Richard,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. However on my side the image was still displaced. Changing the wrapping style to inline in MS Word caused the image to behaviour the same as in the PDF output. Could you please attach the PDF output you are getting on your side here as well?
This issue has been logged and will be fixed. We will inform you of any developments. In the mean time I have sent a refactored version of your document to your inbox. This renders properly on my side, hopefully it does on your side as well.
Thanks,

Hi Adam,

You’re correct the image is still displaced. When I tested I used a modified xml file which I’d manually modified.

Richard

Hello,
Thank you for additional information.
We will inform you immediately once we fix the bag.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4237) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.