Image inside Excel file transforms incorrectly (CTS-3702)

Hi,

While converting attached file with Aspose Cells, we see differences in the output compared to source file.

1) The picture attached to excel file is not properly rendered: see the text labels (in the attached files. You can see that the characters are removed from their original position and they are all together, one over the other, in one sigle point, top left of the picture

2) Descriptions in the NOTES section have different spacing / formatting (output has it bold unlike source) so that they wrap in incorrect way.

3) The table lines in the entire document are bold unlike source.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe the issue of image transforming incorrectly after converting your excel file into pdf using the following code with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.4.1.1

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41290 - Image inside Excel file transforms incorrectly

I have attached the output pdf for your reference. For your other issues, please download the pdf attached by me and highlight the issues in screenshot in red circles.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\original excel file.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

Hi Shakeel,

Pls find attached screenshots of issues mentioned in bullet #1 and #2 in my original post.

I realized that #3 is not an issue as the Aspose output matches with Excel save-as PDF output in that regard. So pls ignore that one.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Can you make these issues Enterprise Support under AjeshEMC a/c ?

Pls move the thread in that forum -

Paid Support Helpdesk - aspose.com

Thanks,
Rajiv

Pls move the thread under AjeshEMC ES a/c. Make sure that the thread is visible on a/c home page.

Thanks,
Rajiv

rajivrp:
Hi Shakeel,

Pls find attached screenshots of issues mentioned in bullet #1 and #2 in my original post.

I realized that #3 is not an issue as the Aspose output matches with Excel save-as PDF output in that regard. So pls ignore that one.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Hi,

Thanks for your screenshots and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe these issues and logged them as

• CELLSNET-43600 - Excel file is not properly rendered
  • CELLSNET-43601 - Labels are missing from picture from the output pdf

AjeshEMC:
Pls move the thread under AjeshEMC ES a/c. Make sure that the thread is visible on a/c home page.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please post in the enterprise forum and give reference to this thread. Then we will attach all of these 3 issues to your enterprise forum thread and increase the priorities of these issues to enterprise.

Hi,

For the problem 1) The picture attached to excel file is not properly rendered:

We can fix it and will fix it in next fix.

For the problem 2) Descriptions in the NOTES section have different spacing / formatting (output has it bold unlike source) so that they wrap in incorrect way:

We can not fix it now. The text wrap in our generated pdf is the same as 100% zoom and normal view in excel (see the image attached by us). When Ms Excel renders the file to pdf, it does some uncertain scale to font size, so the text wrap changes. We can not handle it now.

That's strange, Excel displays it differently in my machine (basically same as how PDF shows), attaching screenshot.

I have checked in multiple machines including customer's, display is same as in this screenshot. I am using Office 2010 SP2.

It looks like a genuine issue to us.

Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your screenshot and using Aspose.Cells.

If you notice, you will see that you have selected Page Layout view, please select the Normal view and you will see our point.

I have attached the screenshot illustrating this issue for your reference.

Hi Shakeel,

I had already checked that, there’s no difference even if I change it to Normal view.

I am attaching Normal view screenshot here.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi,

It is strange, we are still getting the view as shown in our previous screenshots in Excel 2013. However, we have logged your comment and screenshot in our database against this issue. We will look into it and advise you asap.

Hi,

We have checked the view on different environments but we get the same view as our previous view.

Please make sure that you are check the source file which is attached in this forum. And please check the view on other environments.

Hi Shakeel,

I have been checking the same source file that I attached to the original post. To be doubly sure I just downloaded it again and tried, but I see no difference either my environment or others including the one with Office 2013.

Well, let’s ignore the Excel view for a while, I suppose our PDFs generated from Excel do match. Should Aspose PDF not match with Excel PDF in this regard ? You briefly mentioned earlier that Excel does some uncertain scaling, but we didn’t fully understand it.

We were given to understand that Aspose output must match with Save-as PDF output of Office under all circumstances. If it doesn’t, it has to be treated as a bug and will be worked upon by the Aspose developers. That was our basic understanding and expectation while buying Aspose.

So can you get it analyzed by developers in order to explore the possibility of its fix. If its really not fixable, pls get more technical details why it cannot be handled. Our present explanation (that Excel is doing something special that Aspose cannot do) is unlikely to convince our customer :frowning:

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

We have logged your comment in our database for consideration and investigation in our database against this issue. We will look into it and update you asap.

Thanks Shakeel … can you let me know the bug ID for that one ?

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Your comment has been logged in the existing issue

• CELLSNET-43600 - Excel file is not properly rendered

Hi,

For the problem 2) relating the notes, we need to reevaluate it in this week. In next week,
we will tell you whether we can fix it. If we can fix it, we will also
provide you the ETA.

Hi,

We have evaluated this issue. We need three weeks to fix the issue (Descriptions in the NOTES
section have different spacing / formatting (output has it bold unlike
source) so that they wrap in incorrect way).

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issue CELLSNET-43600.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.2.1 and let us know your feedback.