Image inside word document not part of output during PDF conversion

Hi,

While converting attached Word document to PDF using Aspose Words (java), the image doesn’t go in the output, we see cross mark instead, issue reproducible with latest version.

Files.zip (11.0 KB)

Thanks,
Rajiv

@rajivrp,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 18.5 and have not found the shared issue. Please use Aspose.Words for Java 18.5. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference. output.pdf (32.2 KB)

Moreover, please note that Aspose.Words for Java depends upon the Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) package from Oracle in order to process some image formats. Please refer to the following article.
Additional Dependencies

Hi @tahir.manzoor,

I tried with 18.5 but there is no difference. Actually this behavior is inconsistent, issue occurs on one environment but not the other. I don’t have any extra image processing package installed on any environment. But still when I tried to install it on non-working machine, I get the error ‘JRE 1.3 or higher must be installed’ during its installation even though I have JDK / JRE 1.8 installed.

I feel the issue may not be related to this package not being available. You have this extra package in your machine ??

Thanks,
Rajiv

@rajivrp,

Thanks for your inquiry. You need to install Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) package to fix this issue.

Moreover, your final output PDF is generated by Aspose.PDF. Please only use Aspose.Words to save Word document to PDF.

Well I am strangely unable to do so … am getting this error even though I already have Java 1.8 as said in my previous comment (and I tried all variants available on that post, JRE, JDK, etc). I am googling right now to see why this might possibly be coming during the installation of JAI.

Untitled.png (4.0 KB)

On using Aspose Words, I was already using AsposeWords but there was some post-processing done on top of it and hence you would see AsposePDF as PDF Producer. But the issue persists even if I use just the Aspose Words.

Input.docx_AsposeWords.pdf (1.4 KB)

Thanks,
Rajiv

@rajivrp,

Thanks for the detail. Could you please share what is your environment?

• OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)

@rajivrp,

We have attached the JAI Jar files with this post for your kind reference. Please add these Jars into your Java project to get the desired output. Hope this helps you. JAI Jar.zip (3.0 MB)