Image issue

On a technical note, we are trying to manipulate an existing Excel spreadsheet using the Aspose.Excel library. We are experiencing some difficulties as the spreadsheet contains images, and the images are not
saved after the spreadsheet is manipulated. Is there a known issue or a work around to this problem?

George

Hi George,

Thanks for your consideration. Which version are you using? The latest hotfix is 1.9.5.1.

Please download it and have a try.

If the problem still exists, could you email your designer spreadsheet(the template file) to me? And if possible, please also email your code to me.

Thanks.

What is the solution?

I am having the problem with converting excel to pdf, where all my image will be lost. Is there any way I can fix this?

Can I open the pdf I just converted, and add the image back in without destory anything else? If so, please inform or … is there any sample code you can show me?

Thank you

Xls2Pdf doesn’t support to convert the images. You can insert the images using Aspose.Pdf. Please check the documentation of Aspose.Pdf for reference.

@me2005,
Aspose.Cells has replaced Aspose.Excel that is no more actively developed now and is discarded. The new product is rich in features and supports all the latest features in different versions of MS Excel. There are many options to work with pictures in the workbook and output can be saved as PDF also. The following example demonstrates this feature:

// Instantiating a Workbook object
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

// Adding a new worksheet to the Workbook object
int sheetIndex = workbook.Worksheets.Add();

// Obtaining the reference of the newly added worksheet by passing its sheet index
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[sheetIndex];

// Adding a picture at the location of a cell whose row and column indices
// Are 5 in the worksheet. It is "F6" cell
worksheet.Pictures.Add(5, 5, "sample.png");

// Saving the Excel file
workbook.Save("output.xls");
workbook.Save("output.pdf");

Visit the following article to get more information about working with pictures:
Managing Pictures

Get the free trial version from the following link:
Aspose.Cells for .NET(Latest version)

You may download a runnable solution here for testing different functions of this new product.