Image Quality - Aspose.PDF to pptx

Hi Guys,

I have a Problem with the Image quality in the result pptx file.
I know it’s not the best way, but I need it by a customer.

When I save a PDF as PPTX, the images always come out compressed as JPEG.
Can you still optimize the quality of the images to PNG or uncompressed?
Where can I control the quality of the pictures?

Here is my example
sample.zip (83.2 KB)

Thank you for your support.

@moosbart,

Aspose.PDF API converts images to shapes during the export of PDF to PPTX. Please highlight the problematic area with the help of a snapshot. Besides this, we can find evaluation watermark in your input and output documents, and recommend you to get a 30 day temporary license for the testing purposes. A temporary license is a time-restricted full license that lets you test every aspect of the API before buying it, and you need to apply license for each Aspose assembly by adding a couple of lines of code. Please refer to these helping links: Get a 30 day Temporary License and Apply License to Aspose.PDF for .NET API

Hi rafique,

We already bought the Total License, but I did not want to use that for the example.
I know that the border can not be perfect, but the quality of the boder has to be better.
Here the Screenshot of the Problem.

grafik.jpg (100.9 KB)

Thanks for your support.

@moosbart,

We managed to replicate the said issue in our environment. An enhancement has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-44823 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Hi Guys,
Do you have a temporal horizon when this ticket will be included in the release?

@moosbart

Thank you for getting back to us.

The issue reported by you is pending for investigations owing to previously logged tickets. It will be investigated on its due turn which can take a few months. We will let you know as soon as the issue will be resolved. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-44823) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.8.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the new version info, but what has been extended (release notes)?
I’m assuming the class “PptxSaveOptions” has been extended, but I can not find anything Property to control the image quality.

@moosbart

Please note that we have enhanced internal rendering algorithm for improving image rendering.
A comparison screenshot as well as PPTX files for version 18.7 and version 18.8 have been attached for your kind reference. PDFNET-44823_files.zip You will notice improved image quality with latest version.

Moreover, you can find all other details about this version in Release Notes for Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.8.

Thank you for the notes and the sample.
For my sample it´s working well, but if I take this PDF ScatterPlot.zip created by Aspose.cells, the quality of the bubbles is bad again. When I export the PDF to PPTX.
Can you look again why this is so. (81.5 KB)

@moosbart

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We have been able to notice the problem with rendering quality of bubbles while using below code snippet in our environment. A ticket with ID PDFNET-45256 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. We will let you know as soon as some significant updates will be available.

// Load PDF document
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(dataDir + "ScatterPlot.pdf");
// Instantiate PptxSaveOptions instance
Aspose.Pdf.PptxSaveOptions pptx_save = new Aspose.Pdf.PptxSaveOptions();
// Save the output in PPTX format
doc.Save(dataDir + "ScatterPlot_18.8.pptx", pptx_save);

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the sample.

It would be really cool if you put in the class “PptxSaveOptions” a property where the quality itself can be controlled. That would be a nice feature :slight_smile:
Thank you for your support

@moosbart

We have recorded your concerns and we will consider them with respect to logged ticket. We will update you once the ticket is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45256) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.7.