Image size in Table Cells is different after converting to new API

Hi,

We have been using ASPOSE.PDF 9.0.0.0 (Site OEM license through Craig Goulden) for a while, we are currently looking to upgrade to latest version and use “Aspose.Pdf” instead of “Aspose.Pdf.Generator”.

After upgrading our code to use “Aspose.Pdf”, we are having some issues regarding the size of images in the report. In generator, we could use “ImageInfo.SystemImage = resizedImage” to display an image file in the cell. with new dll we have to use memeory stream first for the image, but the image generated is larger then the image generated by “Generator” dll.

This makes images look less sharp as compared to the previous implementation.

I have also created a sample project to match as close to our actual implementation as possible for you to look at the code and suggest the changes needed to atleast match the existing output.

Attachements:
Generator Dll.png (output from existing implementation using Aspose.Pdf.Generator).
New Dll.png (output from changed implementation using Aspose.Pdf)
AsposePdfCompaison.zip (Sample project, you need to copy Aspose.Pdf dll in the bin\Debug folder.

Regards,
Hasan

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared project using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.8.0 and noticed the image difference, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-41218 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Any update on this issue

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the issue is still not resolved as product team was busy in resolving other high priority issues. However, we have raised your issue priority and requested our team to complete the issue investigation and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

well we couldn’t include it in our current release and are now in process of evaluating this as part of our next release, so at the least an expected ETA will be helpful as the issue is pending for over 4 months now. Thanks

Regards,
Hasan

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your patience.

We may have shared the ETA but as shared by Tilal, the issue is pending for review and unless the investigation is complete, we may not be able to share the possible updates regarding its resolution. Please note that issues are resolved in first come first serve basis as we believe its the fairest policy to all the customer. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

Hi, Any update on the status of this issue.

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your patience.

The product team have started investigating earlier reported issue but I am afraid its not yet resolved. However I have intimated the product team to share the latest updates regarding its resolution and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi, Any update on the current status of this issue

@hmalik

Thank you for being patient.

We are afraid PDFNET-41218 is not resolved yet. However, we have recorded your concerns and will schedule it as soon as we can. We really appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.