Image sizing clarification required

Hi to the Pdf support team

I need some clarification on the sizing of images for use within the tag.
My images are map images that are generated by requests to a map service.

I am able to specify the image resolution, image width, height in pixels and the format of the resulting image file. The format that I am currently using are gifs due to the maps being based on linework rather than aerial photos.

The space on the page (within a table cell) where the image is to fit is 19cm wide and 21cm high. Wish to have a high quality image and so was generating the image to be 1496 pixels wide and 1654 pixels high. There are a lot of small labels etc that are present in the image that need to be clearly rendered in the pdf.

This, however was too large be dealt with by Aspose.Pdf as I believe that the image is painted in to the pdf document at a resolution of 72 dpi. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I generate the image so that it is 538 x 595 pixels ie matches the number of points in the cell then I have an image that tends towards being pixelated. There is however no point in too high a resolution if it is just going to bloat the pdf filesize for no real gain.

I have attached the xml file that I am binding to and a sample of one of these larger images

Any ideas as to how I get the best image sharpness without wasting resources would be most appreciated.

Best regards

Ralph Price
Rotorua
New Zealand

PS I will attach the image to the next message.

Hi to the Pdf support team

here is the image as promised

Regards

Ralph Price
Rotorua
New Zealand

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

In Aspose.Pdf, the resolution of image is controled by user. Whatever image width and height is set, the image data in the pdf is same. So the default resolution is 72dpi, but if you reduce the image size, the resoluion increase.

I hope my understanding about resolution is correct. Please tell me if you have other idea.