Image View Size/Quality

Version 2.9.0.0

The attached image appears larger when viewing the image in a PDF vs viewing the image in another application such as InternetExporer or Paint Shop Pro. If I zoom the PDF to 75%, the image looks as expected (or at least close to it).

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me. This may be related to this post, but still confused on why this happens.

XML Code used:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Pdf xml:space="preserve" TabStopPosition="36" IsCoreFontUsed="false" IsPageNumberForDocument="true" xmlns="Aspose.Pdf">
  <Section PageWidth="800" PageHeight="1000" PageMarginTop="15" PageMarginBottom="0" PageMarginLeft="27" PageMarginRight="27" IsNewPage="true">
    <Image File="c:\tfs\test.jpg" />
    <Text IsSpaced="true" LineSpacing="3.02">
                <Segment FontName="Univers 57 Condensed" IsUnicode="false" Color="rgb 0 0 0" IsTrueTypeFontBold="true" FontSize="15">01020304050607080910111213141516</Segment>
     </Text>
  </Section>
</Pdf>

Thanks,

Chris

Found some more info:

Image looks fine when viewing in Adobe Reader 5.0.5. When viewing with Adobe Reader 7.0.5 I have to zoom at 75% to see the image correctly.

I'm guessing this is an Adobe problem? Does anyone have an explaination for this?

Thanks,

Chris

Dear Chris,

In Adobe reader 7, the default resolution is 96 pixels/inch. If you set it to 72 pixels/inch (at edit->preferences->Page Display), then it looks ok.

Thanks for the help.