We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Image watermark converting word pdf

Hello everyone:

I’m trying to convert a DOC document to PDF and I’m facing several problems with images - to which I apply watermark in the image control of Word - and text boxes that I want to show in the left/right margins of the document.

The resulting converssion shows the image as it originally was; as if I didn’t apply the watermark.

The problem of the text boxes in the margins is that in the converssion cuts part of the text.

I’ve been trying to change the value of several properties of the SaveOptions, Shape, … of the document, but finally I’ve gived up.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Igor Erdoiza

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the problem and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I’ve atached a zip that contains 2 files: the original doc and conversion resulting PDF.

I’ve included text boxes in the word document that may help to understand the case.

Than you very much,

Igor Erdoiza

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem with brightness of image. Aspose.Words does not support brightness and contrast of image during rendering. You will be notified as soon as it is supported. As a workaround you can try preparing your images before inserting into the document, and then use default brightness and contrast settings.

Also I managed to reproduce the problem with text. This problem does not occur in NET version of Aspose.Words. Currently we are working on synchronizing Java and .NET versions of Aspose.Words. Once we finish this work all functionality which is supported in, NET version will be supported in Java version, including this fix. You will be notified.

Best regards,

Thank you very much.

I’ll try the way you tell me. I will also try to understand why one of the pictures respects the watermark and the other doesn’t. If I find something, I will tell you.

Thanks again for your help.

Igor Erdoiza

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Let me clarify, one of your pictures has Image Control -> Color = “Automatic” the other one “Washout” that is why these pictures look different in the output PDF.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Hi

The small image is an “Image object” and you have to double click it to manage the attributes. If you do so, you can see that “Marca de agua” is selected. (“Marca de agua” is “Washout” in Spanish)

(See the attached image)

I’ve debugged the parsing of the document and I’ve realized that the small image is a “wmf” image and the other one is a “png”. ¿Could it be there, in the format of the images, the problem?

Thank you very much.

Igor

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Yes, it can be the reason why the first image looks fine in the output PDF. Actually the first image is embedded OLE object.

You will be notified as soon as the original problem is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15368) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

We are happy to inform you that the first auto-ported version of Aspose.Words for Java is ready. This version supports converting documents to PDF. You can get it from here.


Best regards,
Aspose.Words team


(85)

Hi,

I’ve tried the new Aspose Words for Java API and found some problems converting docs to PDF.

I’ve attached the file that throws the following exception when I try to convert it to PDF:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: p

at java.net.URL.(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URL.(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URL.(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.sf.(Uri.java:12)

at com.aspose.words.nh.EN(FieldIncludeText.java:20)

at com.aspose.words.Field.a(Field.java:400)

at com.aspose.words.Field.a(Field.java:655)

at com.aspose.words.aqn.t(SpanField.java:169)

at com.aspose.words.aqn.update(SpanField.java:153)

at com.aspose.words.vk.c(LayoutDocument.java:216)

at com.aspose.words.vk.a(LayoutDocument.java:192)

at com.aspose.words.vk.a(LayoutDocument.java:165)

at com.aspose.words.vk.a(LayoutDocument.java:49)

at com.aspose.words.Document.updatePageLayout(Document.java:1399)

at com.aspose.words.Document.ab(Document.java:1332)

at com.aspose.words.Document.zy(Document.java:1345)

at com.aspose.words.Document.getPageCount(Document.java:1380)

at com.aspose.words.pm.a(FixedPageWriterBase.java:21)

at com.aspose.words.Document.a(Document.java:1277)

at com.aspose.words.Document.save(Document.java:708)

I’ve realized that the function I used to convert docs to PDF has changed. I don’t know if this has something to do with the problem. In previous versions , the API didn’t convert the file correctly, but didn’t throw any exceptions.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Igor Erdoiza

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Igor,

Can you please try converting your document using latest Aspose.Words for Java 10.1. It appears the issue wit the MalformedURLException was fixed as part of our other fixes and we only noticed now that your defect is no longer reproducible.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-12) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.