Images added to document appear with black background

Hi,

In our project we add png images (icons) through image merge field.
The problem is some of them appear with black background for some reason.

We’ve attached the template, the original image and both of the results (one in pdf and the other in doc format).

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks
David

p.s. we are using Aspose.words 10.7, due to the bug in 10.8 that multiplies the image merge field.

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.8.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue (images with black backgrounds) on my side. Moreover, the bug in Aspose.Words v10.8.0, i.e. associated with Image merge fields, has already been fixed now. Your request has been linked to that issue. You will be notified at the end of this month once the new version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.9.0 is released. Also, I am afraid I couldn’t think of any work around for Aspose.Words v.10.7.0. We apologize for your inconvenience.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
We also managed to reproduce it in the latest version (10.8.0). I’ve attached both result documents (pdf and word). You can see the redundant image merge field appearing in the file, due to the defect in 10.8.0.
Thanks
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback. You will be notified at the end of this month via this forum thread once the new version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.9.0 is released.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I'm sorry there was a small misunderstandment, I meant that the defect of black background is reproducible in 10.8.

Can you address this issue please?

Thanks

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, I was still unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I have used the following simple code:

Document
doc = new Document(@“C:\temp\Storyboard Template.docx”);

DataTable
dt = new DataTable(“Steps”);
dt.Columns.Add(new DataColumn(“StepStatus”, typeof(byte[])));

DataRow
dataRow = dt.NewRow();

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
using (Image img = Image.FromFile(@“C:</span>temp\FailedStatus_32.png”))
{
img.Save(stream, ImageFormat.Png);
}
dataRow[“StepStatus”] = stream.GetBuffer();

dt.Rows.Add(dataRow);

doc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(dt);

doc.Save(@“c:\temp\out.doc”);
doc.Save(@“c:\temp\out.pdf”);

Moreover, I have attached the PDF file i.e. generated on my side here for your reference. In case the problem still occurs, please share the complete code here.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5747) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(22)