Images and charts are lost after DOCX to PDF/A-1b conversion using .NET

Hi support,

I am back again with new issues :)

There are further following issues have been observed:

1. Almost 90% of the images or charts used in the document are not properly converted/dispalyed.. Images transparency is also an issue, in converted PDF shows black. See attached original and output files [Table and Charts 1.odt, Tables and Chart 1.pdf, Tables and Charts 2.ppt, Tables and Charts 2.pdf]
  2. PDF/A 1b conformance verification process is failing. this produce in all components (WORD, SLIDES, CELLS). See attached images [PDF-A-1b-1.png, PDF-A-1b-2.png]

See attached sample documents. For screenshots check http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/377839/is-ms-office-required-to-be-installed-for-office-to-pdf-conversion/showthread.aspx#377839v

Kindly do reply ASAP

Regards,

Wahaj

Hi Wahaj,

Regarding your first question (rendering charts), This is a known issue and we had already logged this issue in our issue tracking system to fix it. I have linked this thread to the same issue and you will be updated via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

I have not found the Images transparency issue while using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET.

Regarding your second question, I have not found this issue while using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Please find the output pdf file in attachment.

Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET.

Hi Support,

We have used latest version 11.3.0 but issues not yet resolved. See attached files for reproducing.

Kindly do reply ASAP as it bit urgent!!

Regards,

Wahaj

Hi Wahaj,

Please check my comments with each issue.

1. Charts used in the document are not properly converted/displayed (This issue is logged as WORDSNET-4494)

2. Images used in the document are not properly converted/displayed
    Please mark the output images in PDF file and share with us.

3. Images transparency
    Please check Ascertia-Docs-Release-Notes.pdf in attachment.

4. PDF/A 1b conformance verification process is failing
    Please share some more information about this issue.

Hi Support,

All above issues raised only when convert PDF/A-1b compliance document. So kindly check with this option.

we are using following code for converting

Document document = new Document(InputFileName);

Aspose.Words.Saving.

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();

pdfSaveOptions.Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.

PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();

document.Save(stream, pdfSaveOptions);

I would again request test above issues with PDF/A-1b compliance converted output as in simple convertion there is no such issue raised. Again kindly do reply ASAP.

Regards,

Wahaj

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for sharing the information. I have managed to reproduce the issues 1 and 2 mentioned below. I have logged these issue in our issue tracking system to resolve these. You will be updated via this forum thread once these issue are resolved.

Regarding issue number 3, is this same as issue number 2 (Images transparency)?

Regarding issue number 4, Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Words do. Please find output for both Aspose.Words and MS Words in attachment. I have not managed to reproduce this issue at my end. Please check the verification at your side with attached output files.

1. Charts used in the document are not properly converted/displayed (This issue is logged as WORDSNET-4494)

2. Images transparency (This issue logged as WORDSNET-6338).

3. Images used in the document are not properly converted/displayed
    Please mark the output images in PDF file and share with us.

4. PDF/A 1b conformance verification process is failing
    Please share some more information about this issue.

Hi Support,

See PDF/A-1b compliance verification results in attached screenshots for both documents. And hope will got the issue. Kindly do let me know if there is more information required.

I have just verified your attached documents on Adobe Acrobat 10.1.2.

Regards,

Wahaj

Hi Support,

Regarding 4 see attached screenshots PDF/A-1b compliance verification results for both documents. And hope will got the issue. Kindly do let me know if there is more information required.

I have just verified your attached documents on Adobe Acrobat 10.1.2.

Regards,

Wahaj

Hi Wahaj,

Please accept my apology for late response. I have managed to reproduce the following issue at my end. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-6349 to resolve it. You will be updated via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

• PDF/A 1b conformance verification process is failing

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6338) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6349) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@Wahaj_Khan,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6956) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.9 update.