Images in PDF converted from Docx in Firefox

Hello,

I’m using Aspose.Words to convert documents to PDFs to display in a window within my web page. I’m using streams for the saving, and displaying from a byte array generated from the stream. I’m converting .doc, .docx, and .rtf.

The issue I am having is when converting a .docx file to PDF and displaying it in Firefox. The image gets all messed up. You can see what I mean in the “Firefox View of Docx.jpg” file. When I download the file from Firefox and open it in Adobe Reader, the image looks fine, as seen in the “Adobe Reader Screen.jpg”. Also, when I run the web site in IE, the image in the PDF looks fine, as seen in the “IE View of Docx.jpg”.

Also, when I convert a regular .doc file to PDF and display it in Firefox, the image looks fine, seen in “Firefox View of Word Doc.jpg”. So, I think the issue lies in how the PDF gets generated from the .docx file.

I’m pretty sure this is a Firefox issue, but I am posting here to see if there is any recommendation or work around on how to get the image looking correct. I have only just started using Aspose, so there may be some functionality that I don’t know about yet. I tried going from .docx to .doc to PDF, but that didn’t help either.

I have attached all the image files that show what is going on, as well as the two Word docs.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-8085 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Dale,

We suspect that Firefox can’t handle tiling pattern in PDF correctly. If this is found to be the case then there is no workaround to render this DrawingML image to PDF differently and most likely we will close this issue with ‘Not a Bug’ resolution as it does not seem to be directly related to Aspose.Words. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thank you for looking into this for me. It's too bad that it's a FireFox issue. Might be for difficult to get it fixed.

Thanks again.

Hi Dale,

It is to inform you that our development team has completed the work on the issue (WORDSNET-8085) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we’ve closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi Dale,

Just a follow up to your original issue, the developers found a way to render the DrawingML images differently to PDF so the problematic images in your document should now render correctly in the next version of Aspose.Words due out in a week or so.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Adam