Images lost saving dotx to dot

Hello,

I have a problem with the latest version aspose.words for java (10.0.7).

Saving a dotx with images as dot, all images are lost. Works fine with 10.0.6

Let me know if you need an exmaple file.

Kind regards,
Tom

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure, you can provide us the input document you are getting problems with here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

okidoke,

attached a really simple dotx containing only one image.

just do

Document dot = new Document(“D:\Temp\orly.dotx”);
dot.save(“D:\Temp\orly.dot”, SaveFormat.DOT);

and you should see … nothing. The dot will be empty.

Thx for your quick response,
Tom

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 10.7.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Please note that DOTX files use the newer Open XML-based Word document format, which was introduced in Microsoft Office 2007. When loading your orly.dotx, the picture inside was identified as a DrawingML object which upon conversion to DOT should be converted to Shape object. For me, Aspose.Words v.10.6.0 produces the desired conversion but Aspose.Words for Java v.10.7.0 doesn’t. Also, normally such approach is not ideal because some DOTX DrawingML objects might be lost upon conversion to DOT.

Also, if you convert your DOTX to PDF, there should not be any problem there.

Best Regards,

Hey Awais,

once more thx for your very fast response.

I know that converting dotx to dot is not recommended.
I also would prefere not to have to do this.
It’s only a workaround for 'n other issue: DrawingML class does not yet provide many public methods to interface with the object’s properties

So long,
Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. We will keep you informed regarding status of this issue via this forum thread and let you know once this issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hello,
yesterday I tried the 11.9 to check if these issue has been fixed.
Seems not to be so.
Can you provide me with some more information about the status of that issue? Will it be fixed, or do I have to use DrawingML?

I already checked the current DrawingML-API, but it seems that there are still a lot of features (compared to Shapes) are missing. e.g. absolute positioning.

Is there a timeline when DrawingML will completly replace Shape?

Best Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. As far as WORDSNET-5589 is concerned, good news for you is that this issue has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.10.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (November’ 30, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Secondly, please note that a Shape node represent a graphic object in older formats for example DOC format; on the other hand DrawingML is the main graphics format used in OOXML documents such as DOCX. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding the complete support DrawingML. Rest assured, support for DrawingML is improving with every new release.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5589) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.