Images not appearing in PDF converted from Excel on Ubuntu Server 12.04

Hi, I’m generating a Excel and trying to convert it to PDF.

When running in my developer machine (Windows 7) it is working fine, but when deploying my application on the server (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS) the images are not being included in the PDF.

No exceptions are thrown, it generates the PDF normally, but the content doesn’t have some images.

Attached the Excel file that I’m trying to convert, and the resulting PDF when running in my machine and on the server.

The excel file was also generated using Aspose. It was generated on the ubuntu server.

I’m using AsposeCells 8.0.1.jar.

Below is the code snippet for converting the file:

Workbook v_workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);
v_workbook.save(“teste.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We are able to replicate your presented scenario on our end while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.1.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 with OpenJDK1.7. We have noticed that the images are missing in the resultant PDF on page 2 when it’s generated on Ubuntu. If same code is executed on Windows platform, the images are present therefore it seems to be a problem related to Ubuntu platform.

We have logged this problem in our bug tracking system under ticket Id CELLSJAVA-40814 in order to investigate this matter further, and to provide a fix (if applicable). Please spare us little time for proper analysis on our end. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi!

Is there any updates on this issue?

Where can I follow the ticket CELLSJAVA-40814? Is your bug tracker public available or it’s just for internal use by Aspose?

Hi Rafael,

Unfortunately, we haven’t yet received any updates regarding the ticket attached to this thread. We have now elevated the priority of the ticket, and have recorded a note for the concerned development team member to share the insight of the mentioned problem. As soon as we receive any news, we will post here for your kind reference. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

The tickets are for internal use only, therefore you may not be able to see the details of the ticket. Although you can see from the left hand pane of your first post, that the ticket is still “unresolved”. Once we mark it fixed, the status will be updated accordingly. In the meanwhile, if you wish to check the proceedings, you may ask us to check the details for you.

Hi Rafael,

It is to update you that we are working over your issue, hopefully, we will provide a fix here before the end of this week or so that would address your issue.

Thank you.

Hi Fafael,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.0.2.1

We have fixed the issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot!

It is working fine now on Ubuntu Server!

Best regards!

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that latest version has fixed your issue. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40814) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.