We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Images not generating properly when OS text size set to Larger

Hi,

I’m running windows 8.1 and have a 4K monitor. As a result of having a high DPI monitor, in my display settings (“Control Panel > Display”) I have the “Change the size of all items” property set to “Larger - 150%” This causes the images I export to come out strange. The overall size of the image is much too large, larger than the desired size of the image.

I have discovered that if I change my display settings to “Smaller - 100%”, as they are when using a normal monitor, the images generate properly.

I create my excel files in memory all through code. You can see a code sample in this other bug report.

<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/38495

Thanks for looking into this.

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I am afraid, we require a standalone sample application to properly look into the matter, whereas the code shared on your thread is not executable therefore we suggest you to share a demo application (using latest build of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.1) along with the results generated on your side for investigation.

Missing border on bar chart bars

Thanks for your reply. I"ve attached a sample project to the other thread.

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for sharing the sample project. We are currently evaluating the scenario presented in this thread, and we will shortly get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

I have tested the presented scenario on Windows 10 x64 while setting the display size to 150%. Attached is the resultant image. Please share the result generated on your side so we could compare it with ours and assess if we require to test the case on Windows 8.1 as mentioned in your original post.

Here you go. Looks similar.

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for the confirmation.

I have raised your concerns along with my observations for the product team’s review by logging the appropriate ticket (CELLSNET-44018) in our database. Please spare us some time to further investigate the matter. As soon as we have further updates, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

The original size of chart depends on the dpi of machine. You may initialize dpi before create workbook.

Please set dpi in the start part of GenerateChartImages() method.

C#
CellsHelper.DPI = 96;

Workbook wrkbook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.Excel97To2003);

Worksheet wrksheet = wrkbook.Worksheets[0];

Cells wCells = wrksheet.Cells;
wrksheet.Name = “Data”;

Thanks for this. I’ll give it a shot

Hi,

Sure. Please also keep us posted with your results so we may close the ticket accordingly.

Checking object browser for Aspose.cells, using the latest build, I cannot find a DPI property for the CellsHelper class.

Sorry. project was using 8.5 not 8.6.1 will update project.

Hi Brendan,

brendancmiller:
Checking object browser for Aspose.cells, using the latest build, I cannot find a DPI property for the CellsHelper class.

Please note, CellsHelper.DPI property is present in Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.1 and onwards. However, it would be appropriate to test the case with latest build, that is; 8.6.1.6 at the moment.

I’ve tried this, setting the DPI to 96 and it didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for writing back.

I have retested the scenario against the latest revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.1.1 and I am able to notice the problem, that is; setting the DPI is not taking effect. I have reopened the previously logged ticket CELLSNET-44018 and have requested the concerned member of the product team to reevaluate the scenario in perspective of latest release. We will get back to you after analyzing the case on our side.

Hi,

We are hopeful that we will be able to provide a fix for this issue CELLSNET-44018 in this weekend. Once the fix is available for you, we will let you know by posting in this thread.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44018 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44018) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.