Images not rendered in PDF

Hi,

I have a Word document with some images. Sample is here: Dropbox - badimages.zip - Simplify your life

When I convert that document to PDF, the text renders, the last image renders, but the three other images just show a big red X.

Any idea as to why that is happening?

Thanks.

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 16.12.0, and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSJAVA-1482. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Any progress on this issue? It is blocking our release and my boss is asking questions. Is there an ETA, position in the queue, etc?

Thanks.

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Currently it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, we can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once the issue is analyzed and the root cause is determined, we may then be able to provide you more information on estimates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

If it helps any, the issue seems to be with any TIFF image embedded in the Word document. I created a document with just a small TIFF image and I get the same red X in the pdf.

Also, I found this thread:

A file word containing a tiff file is not rendered correctely when converting into PDF

and installed jai 1.1.2 on my server. The image is still busted.

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the additional information. We have passed this information to our product team and will keep you posted on any developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Turns out the JAI jars were not in the correct place on the server. Once I added the dir to the classpath the images rendered correctly.

So you can close this issue. I don’t recall seeing anything about TIFF and Java in the docs. If it is not there, a note about it would be handy.

Thanks.

Hi Shawn,

It is great you were able to find what you were looking for. We will update documentation soon. Meanwhile, we suggest you please read following article:
http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it/edu/en/install_run/jai_io_install.html

Please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Best regards,