Images outside of the margins are cropped for MS-Word 2003 files

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Words 6.1.0.0 to convert files to PDF using the new PDF writing facility. We encountered a new bug that was not present in the previous versions.

When an image goes over the text area as defined in the ruler, but still on the page, then that part of the image is cropped off when saved as PDF.

This problem Only happens when the source document is in Word 92-2003 format. it works fine in docx or rtf format.

This problem was not present in Aspose.words 6.0.x.0

PDF as well as MS-Word file have been attached

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi
Thank you for your reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it and created new issue #7476 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Interestingly the problem does not appear to occur when running the conversion on a Win2K8-64 bit server. (See attached)
The original bug was generated on a Win2K3 32 bit machine.
I cannot explain this, it may be a complete red herring. There is a chance that the bug was already present in 6.0.x.0 as our comparison doc came from a Win2K8 machine.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. Maybe, this might help us to resolve the problem.
Best regards.

Sorry, I posted a message in the wrong thread.

MOved it to https://forum.aspose.com/t/97298

I cannot reproduce image clipping. I tested on Windows Vista in 64bit and 32bit modes. Also tested on Win2kSp2.
I see your pdf is generated using aw 6.1 but I cannot explain how the image comes out clipped. Let’s close the defect and you try it in the next version close to end of February.

Hello Roman,

Thanks for testing this. I would really like to keep this bug open as it will affect our customers and we can reliably reproduce the problem. Also, in this thread you can see that your own engineers have been able to reproduce the problem.

We have executed our tests again and attached the results, as well as source code and a binary to reproduce the issue.

The archive contains the following folders:

• Result On 2K3 32bit 6.1.0.0: The problem happens in this environment.

• Result On 2K8 64bit 6.1.0.0: The problem does not happen here

• Result On Win7 32bit 6.1.0.0: The problem happens here

• Source code: Simple source code to reproduce the problem.

• Test Harness: The binary (for above mentioned source code) as well as a test document to reproduce the problem. Just run the CMD file.

I doubt this problem will magically disappear so any investigation you can do would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi
Thanks for your request. Roman checked this issue on current code base; most likely, the issue was fixed by other changes. If the problem will occur with the new version of Aspose.Words, we reopen the issue. Please wait while the new version of Aspose.Words will be released (within 1-3 weeks).
Best regards.

This works fine now in 6.3.0.0

Further testing indicates that this problem still happens with 6.3.0.0 and Word 97-2003 files.
See attached for a test document as well as a converted document.

Hi

Thanks you for additional information. The issue is still opened in our defect database.
Best regards.

Hello,

It has been a while, when is the new version expected?

Are any of our open issues resolved?

Regards,

Jeroen Ritmeijer

Hi

Thanks for your request. The issue #7476 is still unresolved. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any estimate regarding this issue at the moment.
Best regards.

Thanks Alexey,

When will the (Any) new version of Aspose.words be released? I understand the usual schedule is every 4 weeks.

Regards,

Jeroen

The next version will be released within a week. You can enable e-mail subscription here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
And you will receive e-mail notification when new releases are published.

Best regards.

Do you have an ETA on this one as it still happens in 6.5.0.0

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. Please expect a reply before next release (3-4 weeks).
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7476) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.