Images removed when loading docx

I’m using Aspose.Words to load a series of docx files and combine them into one larger docx. The problem I have is that when I load any docx file into a Document, all the images in the docx are being removed.

The final document has spaces where the images should be. Trying to retrieve a list of all images in the Document using GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true) is returning an empty collection.

The code I’m using to load the file is :

Aspose.Words.LoadOptions docxOptions = new LoadOptions();
docxOptions.LoadFormat = LoadFormat.Docx;
Aspose.Words.Document docxDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(docxStream, docxOptions);

I’ll attach a sample of one of the docx files, before (ReportWithCheckboxes) and after (ReportWithoutCheckboxes) being loaded by Aspose. Can someone tell me what might be removing the images and how to prevent that?

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 13.5.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link:

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Awais,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’ve updated to the latest version and still have the same issue. The most recent version produced the documents I’ve attached.

Thanks

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the additional information. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8446. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8446) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.