IMB recognition failure

We just bought a license for Aspose.Barcode .Net v7.0.0.0 and have run into problems straight away. We have a PDF file with IMB barcodes and while the product recognizes most of them, it fails to recognize 3 out of 58 barcodes. I’m attaching jpg’s for the cases where it fails. This is fairly urgent.

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for providing the samples for our testing.

We are evaluating your presented scenario and we will shortly get back to you with updates in this regard.

Are there any workarounds you can suggest?

Hi Ankit,

We first need to pin point the problem cause then we will be in a better position to comment if we can improve the recognition process by tweaking the publicly exposed interfaces. Please note, among the three samples, the images Page68.jpg & Page68.jpg return the results D & 3 respectively. Both results seems to be incorrect therefore could you please provide the correct/expected results for all your samples?

Here are the correct values for various images -

Page64(0030096900918400007439073917151)
Page68(0030096900918400007639083220534)
Page78(0030096900918400007539083220534)

I tried a simple test which returns correct values with the toolkit. If you press the Fuzz icon before scanning, correct barcode values are returned. Can you please ask the development team what does this Fuzz option map to?

Is there a possibility of getting an update today? Even a workaround would do. I need something to work with.

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for providing the expected results. We have further evaluated the scenario and have logged two investigative tickets in our database with following details.

• BARCODENET-34223, for samples Page68.jpg & Page68.jpg where returned results are not correct.
  • BARCODENET-34224, for sample Page78.jpg where returned result is empty.

I am afraid, it will not be possible for us to complete the investigation in one day. Please note, both of the above mentioned tickets are currently pending for analysis and are in the queue with other priority tasks. Once the tickets have been scheduled for analysis, we will need some time for preliminary investigation. As soon as we have received further updates regarding these tickets, we will post here for your kind reference.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-34224) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 7.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-34223) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.