Import datatable issue

Hello,

I’m using aspose.cells 8.6.3. I’m using import datatable method, it gives error in attachment. I can’t reproduse this error on my computer. What do you thing, what can cause it?

Hi Ahmet,

I am afraid, it will not possible to figure out the problem cause by just looking at the stack trace. We need to thoroughly investigate the matter on our end by first replicating the said issue. For that, we require a sample application from your side. Moreover, we request you to give a try to the latest revision of the API, that is; 8.7.0.2 at the moment.

Hello,

After a long search, finally i found the reason. I’m sending the sample application.

If set HtmlString=true; and data is ending with <, it throws error

Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.0.2, and we are able to replicate the System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array, at Cells.ImportData method. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44241. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause and get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44241. We will shortly share the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements. Moreover, it would be appropriate not to set the IsHtmlString to true if you are not expecting HTML formatting string to be imported.

Hello,

I’m waiting the update and i already fixed my datas for now. Thanks for notification.

Kind regards,

Hi Ahmet,

Hopefully, the fix will be available during the current week. As soon as the next revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET API is publicly available, we will notify you here in reference to the aforementioned ticket.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.7.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hello,

I’ve tried with latest version that you’ve sent. It’s working now. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44241) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello again,

Our problem was fixed, but i found another one. if there is a < symbol, after that symbol all words considered as html attribute. Dll not controls value is valid a html tag or really a html tag. In my example data is like below;

"2 ADET HALOJEN PROJEKTÖR 500W
3 ADET HALOJEN ÇUBUK AMPUL F330W
1 ADET NEMLİYER ANAHTAR
1 ADET GAZ DEDEKTÖRÜ
2 ADET S<7A LED PANEL ARM.35W 60X60
1 ADET CLIPIN AEMATUR KASASI 60X60
15 ADET LAVABO AÇICI TOZ
1 ADET NP1 YAPIŞTIRICI"

There is a <7A tag, its not a valid tag, its not even a tag because it has no ending chacters. In this example its gives errors because ADET is defined before. I’m sending a sample project you can control with it.

Kind regards,

Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

We have evaluated the presented scenario against the latest revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.1.1 and we are able to observe the System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added, at Cells.ImportData method. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44284 for thorough investigation. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the case and get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

If your data is not a valid html node, please set opt.IsHtmlString as false.

If you need import html node, please encode those special characters such as <, >.

Hello,

There was no opt.IsHtmlString. We ask this option, you can check it from here

We’re not able to know which row/column contains html tag. So there can be invalid html tags or there wont be a tag at all, i cant know that. I said that when i made this request. So, i cant use this property anymore, because i dont know all datas are valid or not. Am i correct?

Hi Ahmet,

I have shared your comments with the concerned member of the product team for reconsideration. As soon as we get further updates, we will inform you here.

Thank you for your patience with us.

I am using both an older version of Aspose.Cells (8.2.1) and the latest version (19.2.0), but the issue I’m getting appears to be the same for both these versions of the DLL for .NET. When I call the ImportData overload that accepts a DataTable, I am getting the same message as the original poster ( Index was outside the bounds of the array.) - however in my case this only seems to occur when I the call is made on a second worksheet, and the DataTable for this second worksheet has fewer columns than the first worksheet. I suppose you’ll want a sample application for this as well?

@inspired.robot,

Yes, we need to thoroughly investigate the matter on our end by first replicating the said issue. For that, we require a sample application (runnable) using our latest version/fix from your side. Moreover, we request you to give a try to the latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.3 it it makes any difference.