Import in PST: rfc-822 attachment and release notes

Hi

I’m using Aspose.Email to import .eml (rfc-822) messages into a PST.
Basically I convert .eml into .msg (MS-Outlook format), then .msg into MapiMessage and then I use Aspose.Email.Outlook.Pst.FolderInfo.AddMessage(MapiMessage) to import my message in PST.

I was using Aspose.Email 3.8.0 and everything was fine.

Then I tried to import an .eml message having an .eml attachment
Import completed without error, but when I tried to open PST file in Outlook, I was not able to view the attachment (Outlook complained with “the message was not sent”).

Before opening a issue in the support forum, I gave a try to ver. 4.0.0 and I found the issue I was experiencing was resolved

I then read the release notes, but I was not able to find if this was a known issue or not.

Now my request: will it be possible in the future access the description of issue resolved in every release. I think that release notes are at the moment a poor reference to find what’s was solved :frowning:

thank you for your help
kind regards
stefano

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

With respect to the Product Release notes, it certainly contains all the information about fixed bugs that were reported with the previous version. A bug found with certain version but not reported to Aspose support team won’t be listed as part of the release notes and that is why you can’t find your mentioned bug listed in the release notes.

As far as the fix of such bug is concerned, our customers report various issues from time to time and during the investigation of such problems for a fix, other probable issues may also get fixed as found by development team. It seems the same might have happened in your case as well and that is why we recommend our customers to always download and use the latest version of API.

Anyways, please feel free to write to us in case you face some anomaly while using the latest version of Aspose.Email. We’ll be glad to assist you accordingly.