We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Importing annotations via xfdf and multiline text

Hello,
we’re having problems importing annotations via xfdf into pdfs using Aspode.PDF 11.0.0.

Usecase : our users submit annotations as xfdf to our server, which stores the annotations and then merges the xfdf files with the original document and sets the annotations to “read only”.
(Sample code in AddAnnotations.java)

After the xfdf is imported however, Acrobat Reader only shows the last line of text from multiline text or textbox annotations - see “demo_merged_with_aspose.pdf”.
If the annotations are not set to “read only”, they display only the last line in the modified file too, but when editing the annotations, all lines are displayed.

Observation : Acrobat Reader initially submits the entity for CR to separate the lines. After importing the xfdf, subsequent submits from the modified files no longer have an entity there, but simply 0D 0A.

Provided files :
AddAnnotations.java - sample code used to import xfdf into pdfs
demo_original.pdf - the unmodified pdf
demo_with_submit.pdf - the original pdf with an added submit element for the xfdf
demo_saved_with_reader.pdf - demo_with_submit.pdf with annotations, saved with Acrobat Reader
demo.xfdf - the xfdf which was submitted, containing two annotations
demo_merged_with_aspose.pdf - the original pdf, with the xfdf imported and the annotations set to “read only”.

Hi Joern,

Thanks for your inquriy. I have tested the scenario and noticed that Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.1.0 imports incomplete annotation text(only last line) from XFDF data. So I have logged a ticket PDFNEWJAVA-35421 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

However, I am afraid I am unable to view all three lines while editing the annotation in resultant PDF. It shows only last line.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the quick reply,

I would like to provide additional information for the editing case.
Attached you’ll find the PDF with two annotations imported (demo_merged_readwrite.pdf).
File 1.png shows how Acrobat Reader displays the PDF after opening - only the last lines of text are visible.
File 2.png and 3.png show Acrobat reader while editing the annotations - all lines are visible after double clicking the annotations.

Hi Joern,

Thanks for the additional information. I have noticed the editing case as well. Our product team will investigate it as well during issue analysis. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Any news on this issue?

Regards

Jörn Menkhoff

Hi Jörn Menkhoff,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue reported earlier is still pending for review as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported high priority issues. However the team will start fixing these issues as per their schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.
Hi,
unfortunately our Subscription is running out on december th 11th and the bus still is not fixed..

We would really enjoy to renew our subscription but at the moment we do not have any hint that we will get what we pay for.

I have no idea what to do – it seems we need to switch to other products when aspose does not fix its bugs.

As long as bugs are
not fixed there is no reason for us to resubscribe.

Regards

Jörn Menkhoff

Hi Jorn,

Thanks for your inquiry. We schedule issues in first come first serve basis and try to resolve issues as soon as possible. But some issues take more time than expected due to the complexity and changes required in API for fix… We have already raised priority of your issue and our Product team is investigating the issue. However, I have also shared your concern with the team and coordinating for an update/ETA. I will notify you as soon as some an update is available.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-35421) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.4.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan