Importing MHTML or HTML with rotated table cell text

Hi,

I am attempting to import an MHTML document with some cells that contain rotated text. Your documentation indicates that using the writing-mode style property should result in the text being rotated accordingly https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/supported-features-on-document-load/

I have attempted to use the options listed in parenthesis from your documentation on the CellFormat.Orientation enumeration ( Aspose.Words | Aspose.Words for .NET ) as well as the standard options (such as vertical-rl) with no success. Is there some way I can get this to work without modification after import?

Best,
Mike

@mragusa

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Aspose.Words API version you are using?
  • Please attach the sample input document.
  • Please attach the output file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output file.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Hi Rizwan,

In response to your questions

• Aspose.Words 17.12.0.0
  • Input document is vert.mht
  • Output file is vert-output.docx
  • Expected output file is what you see when you open vert.mht in Word
  • Console application code is Program.cs, it should be run as program.exe “vert.mht” “vert-output.docx”

Thanks,
MikeRepro.zip (16.0 KB)

Also, ideally there would be some way to just have Aspose respect the “mso-rotate: 90” style tag, but some way to make it work would be ok too.

@mragusa

Thanks for your feedback. We have reproduced and logged ticket WORDSNET-16248 against your reported issue for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as this issue is resolved or we have further more information.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

I see that the current status of this issue is “Postponed”. This is an urgent issue for our customers, is there any possibility of at least a workaround or something?

Thank you,
Mike

@mragusa

Thank you for writing back. We are sorry but this fix is dependent on other feature and which require time for implementation. We are afraid this fix wont be available in near future. We will inform you here if there is any other information or workaround to fix this issue for now. Thank you for your cooperation.

A post was split to a new topic: HTML to DOCX issue with rotated text