ImportNode corrupting format of destination document

When we import a document into another document using Aspose, the format of the destination document is changed based on the fragment format. In the example I am attaching, the line spacing changes to double spaced. This worked in Aspose.Word 6.5 but doesn’t in 8.0.
I have attached the C# code we are using (in InsertDocument.txt), the source templates for the including document and a working and not working fragment, as well as the merged output documents. Also, I had to save the templates as .dot files to upload them, but we are using them as .dotx, since we are using Word 2007. (Some of our templates were created under Word 2003, which is one reason we have mismatched style formats.)
(By the way, as I added file attachments, I got extra Remove buttons to the side of each file already under “Additional Attachment”. There were 5 Remove buttons to the side of the first additional attachment I added by the time I was done.)

Hi

Thanks for your request. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I used the following simple code for testing:

Document dst = new Document(@"Test001\IncludingDocument.dot");
Document src = new Document(@"Test001\FragmentThatCorrupts.dot");
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(dst);
// Move DocumentBuilder cursor to the mergefield.
builder.MoveToMergeField("Fragment: TestFragment");
// Insert document.
InsertDocument(builder.CurrentParagraph, src);
dst.Save(@"Test001\out.doc");

Could you please create simple application, which will allow me to reproduce the problem? I will check the issue one more time and provide you more information.
Best regards.

The problem only exists with .dotx files, and saving the .dot files as .dotx files doesn’t recreate the problem. Is there a way for me to send you the .dotx files? (We believe the problem is related to .dotx files that are created using different normal.dotm files, so you should be able to re-create the problem by creating .dotx files using different normal.dotm files.)

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can zip DOTX files and attach them here. I will check the issue one more time and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Here are the .dotx files.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I still cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I used the following code for testing:

Document dst = new Document(@"Test001\IncludingDocumentCorrupts.dotx");
Document src = new Document(@"Test001\FragmentThatCorrupts.dotx");
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(dst);
// Move DocumentBuilder cursor to the mergefield.
builder.MoveToMergeField("Fragment: D:\\FragmentThatCorrupts.dotx");
// Insert document.
InsertDocument(builder.CurrentParagraph, src);
dst.Save(@"Test001\out.doc");

I use the latest version of Aspose.Words for testing. You can download the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Which version of Asopose.Words do you use for testing? To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Best regards.

I’m sorry, I zipped the wrong copy of the file. The code you are using should reproduce the problem, it does on my side.
We are using version 8.0.0.0 of Aspose.Words.dll.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13239) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.