Improper Word to Jpg conversion

Hi,

We have MS Word documents which use Open Type fonts (in our case ‘Myriad Pro’). When this documents are converted to images (JPG) the blanks between the words are compressed. For the conversion we use the document Save method with ImageSaveOptions specified. To reproduce the behaviour the used Open Type fonts must be installed.

Please help us solve this problem,
Dejan

1 Like

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8613 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your patience. I have received response from our development team and like to share with you that the “Myriad Pro” is an OpenType font with PostScript outlines. Currently, these fonts are not supported by Aspose.Words when rendering to images. However, we had already logged this feature request as WORDSNET-4004 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

Thanks for the clarification.

At the moment we have 2 important customers complaining about the bad preview. Could you please give me a timeline for a fix or any other advice, what should we do about this?
I can give you a hint, that you already solved this issue when you are doing a conversion from word to pdf.
Regards.

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid your issue has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.