Improving Save performance

Hi,

I have a workbook I generated through Aspose.Cells with around 200,000 rows and 300+ columns on a worksheet. Saving the workbook takes around 60 seconds.

Any suggestions on how to improve performance when calling Workbook.Save?

Thanks.

@vonH
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53397

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @John.He,

Since you’ve opened a ticket, does this mean there is indeed an issue with how Workbook.Save works which causes it to take a while to complete?

@vonH,
Yes, we did simulation data. There is a performance issue when saving big data files. My machine takes 51 seconds.

1 Like

@vonH,

We investigated the performance of saving OOXML files with large data set for your situation. We are afraid we cannot find a way to improve the performance significantly.

If it is possible, please do not writing cell name to the resultant file by specifying OoxmlSaveOptions.ExportCellName as false. This way you may get better performance.

We also improved a bit for the performance of writing cell names. You may try our latest version here. However, such kind of improvement cannot improve the overall performance of saving a large file significantly.