In HTML output of a range- empty columns are missing

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v17.5.5 to generate HTML of range - "A2:F5" in the attached excel file. In the HTML output, columns for range - 'E2:F5' are missing. These missing columns are empty in excel but they should be present in HTML output as empty elements. The empty columns are present in case of excel generated HTML too.

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for the sample file and screenshot.

I am afraid, this is not an issue with the product as Aspose.Cells saves Excel to HTML rendering as you manually do it via the following steps (in MS Excel):
  • Open the Excel file into MS Excel.
  • Save it as “Web Page” (either whole workbook or active worksheet).

I have tested using the above steps and check the output HTML file’s source, it does produce the same result as per the output HTML file by Aspose.Cells APIs. Aspose.Cells does not (by default) support to export an area in the sheet to HTML, so you will see those blank cells are not documented.

Thank you.

Based on the steps you provided I retested the same but getting the same results. You can refer to the image attached earlier. Make sure to compare the html source in text editor and not in the browser.

Thanks,
Neha
Hi,

Yes, I again confirmed by opening your template file into MS Excel manually and then save it as "Web page" and found the same issue by checking the source in the editor, the empty cols are missing too. See the screenshot for your reference:

Also, I have attached the output HTML file by MS Excel for your reference.

Thank you.