Convert PDF to HTML using Aspose.PDF for Java - some text is coming as SVG image

Hi,
I am using Java Aspose.PDF library for converting the PDF to HTML. I found a case when the text in PDF is appearing as SVG image in HTML and not as text. This is happening when the text is in a box that is vertically rotated. Please see the attached image. I need to show an in-context menu on this box so that I can show some actions to perform with the text.

Please help.

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 10.47.16 AM.png (78.7 KB)

@achamoli,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share source files along with sample project and generated result so that we may further investigate this issue.

Hi Adnan,

Please find the attached PDF file and generated HTML.
html.zip (91.5 KB)
08.pdf (107.9 KB)

Below is the code I am using for conversion.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(pdfFile);
HtmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions();
saveOptions.setSplitIntoPages(true);
pdfDocument.save(htmlFile, saveOptions);

@achamoli,

I have worked with source file shared by you using Aspose.PDF 20.3 and unable to observe the issue. Can you please share comparison screen shot pointing towards the issue.Result.zip (8.1 KB)

Hi Adnan,
I reviewed the attached result you have provided and it also has the same problem. See attached screenshot where the vertical text box is converted as the SVG image and used as a background image in HTML. I am expecting the vertical text box as a div element in HTML and probably some translation n CSS applied to rotate it.

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 8.17.55 AM.png (564.5 KB)

@achamoli,

I have observed issue you mentioned and have logged it as PDFNET-47932 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Adnan,

Our customers are escalating this issue. Can you please help me to know the status of this issue. When we can expect a resolution for the same.

@achamoli

Regretfully, the ticket is not yet resolved. Please note that issues are resolved on first come first serve basis in normal support. However, we will surely inform you as soon as we make some definite progress towards ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.