Inconsistent font embedding with Aspose.HTML convert to PDF

Htm2PDF.zip (2.4 MB)
We’re finding that on identical cloned image systems, Aspose.HTML has inconsistent behavior when converting from HTML to PDF with font embedding on Linux. Attached is an example input HTML document, the PDF output from three identical systems (cloned from each other using dump/restore), and our Java source code that is being used with Aspose.HTML. As can be seen, the first system (node00) embeds one set of fonts for the Chinese characters, the second system (node1) embeds no fonts for them, and the third system (node11) embeds a yet-different set of fonts for the same input document. We would like to know if there’s anything we can do in code to influence the font embedding behavior or configuration.

@cmw3670

We have logged an investigation ticket as HTMLJAVA-727 in our issue tracking system for your case. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I appreciate that. In the meantime, is there a way to tell it not to embed fonts so that subsequent tools could possibly do the font substitution? For example, I see this in the java API:

com.aspose.html.saving.PdfSaveOptions.setFontEmbeddingRule

However, setting that to ‘1’ or ‘0’ doesn’t appear to have any impact. Is there a documented set of what settings are available for that API?

Thanks!

@cmw3670

Currently, we do not have an option which disables font embedding during HTML to PDF conversion. But we can implement it, the information against the ticket HTMLJAVA-727 has been updated accordingly. We will surely inform you as soon as it is resolved. Please give us some time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you. I appreciate your follow-up and will look for more information once the HTMLJAVA-727 has been able to be looked into further.

@cmw3670

Thanks for the feedback.

We will surely inform you as soon as the ticket is resolved.