Incorrect cell value when cell contains TextJoin formula

Template (2).zip (6.6 KB)

Hi There,

We have been ASPOSE client for a very long time and recently we have found an issue with formula evaluation;

Please find attached zip file with sample excel file for you to easily reproduce the problem;

Here is the sample code for you:

Workbook targetWorkbook = new Workbook("C:\temp\Template (2).xlsx"); 
Console.WriteLine(targetWorkbook.Worksheets["Sheet1"].Cells["C5"].StringValue);
// When you open file in excel, you get displayed different result to what is shown here
// As a matter of fact, "targetWorkbook.Worksheets["Sheet1"].Cells["C5"].Value" also returns the different result to excel

I have tried the latest version (19.9) of ASPOSE.Cells library,

Can you please have a look at the possible defect mentioned above?

Please investigate, acknowledge and possibly give an ETA on a fix,

Thank you,
Bhavin

@james.simpson,
I have tested it and the console displays same text as “OMI, FAKE” which MS Excel shows. Could you please share comparison screenshots for our reference. Excel.JPG (6.4 KB)

@james.simpson,

According to the document the function TEXTJOIN is supported in newer MS Excel 2019 and Office 365. This function might not be supported by Aspose.Cells formula calcuation engine currently. Which MS Excel version you are using?

@Amjad_Sahi

I am using Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.12026.20194) 64 bit

Which version of ASPOSE Cells library did you test against?

Cheers, Bhavin

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui

Also, notice that the updated worksheet has the formula changed and prefixed with _xlfn

Why?

Cheers, Bhavin

@james.simpson,
Could you please share screenshots as well so that we know what output you are getting on console and MS Excel.

Actually, I missed one statement in the middle, here is complete code snippet:

Workbook targetWorkbook = new Workbook("C:\temp\Template (2).xlsx"); 
targetWorkbook.CalculateFormula(true);
Console.WriteLine(targetWorkbook.Worksheets["Sheet1"].Cells["C5"].StringValue);

Cheers, Bhavin

@james.simpson,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46939 – Support for TEXTJOIN() function

Thank you @ahsaniqbalsidiqui for acknowledgement,

Look forward to ETA and fix (after investigation)

Cheers, Bhavin

@james.simpson,
As we just logged the ticket, so could you spare us a little time (3-5 days or so) for complete evaluation and investigation for your issue. If it is not much complex, you should be receiving the fix before the end of next week or even before it. If the issue is complex, it might take a couple of weeks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46939) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.10. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi